“Great Steak Tacos”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #115 of 224 Restaurants in Sandy
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Yes the pork whatever is great but don't miss the grilled steak tacos. Together with the fresh tortilla, it is a treat.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Cafe Rio

Reviewed 23 May 2016

...that I'll never go to again. The Cafe Rio in Sandy is atrocious. During lunch, there is an older woman who seems to be running the show. I don't know if it's because she's running the show, or because of something else, but the service is slow, even by Cafe Rio's busy lunchtime standards. Also, her bedside (burrito-side?) manner is deplorable. I know that customer service is a dying art, and that most people who work in that world are no longer expected to be "professional," but this woman should be required to go back to customer service preschool. Our dine-in order took far too long to prepare for the crowd that was there. When I forgot to ask for no cheese on my son's meal, this woman and the others working were so rude about having to re-make it. They told me I had to pay for the order with cheese, too! They probably need some food allergy sensitivity training. By this point, I didn't want them spitting in my food, so I just stood there and took their abusive behavior.

Then I made the mistake of wanting to place a to go order to take to a friend. The "to go" line had nobody in it, and so I stepped up to place my order. I have done this at other locations dozens of times. The regular line was long, but not especially so, and there were three or four employees just standing around. So I stood in the "to go" line for about five minutes, completely invisible to these employees. After about five minutes, the old lady - at this point, I wonder if she's the only actual employee - comes over and says coldly "what's your order?" I tell her what I wanted to order to go, and she refuses to serve me - just points to the regular line. I tell her I don't want to wait in that line for one to-go burrito, and she tells me she won't help me there. So I go wait in the line, and when I finally get up to order, who do you think is serving me? That's right, the same cranky old lady who has already behaved horribly to me twice today. So I place my order, watching carefully to make sure she doesn't spit in it or anything (I don't trust her, and neither should you!). She muttered something rude about me, which I won't repeat, to a co-worker, and they both seemed to think what she said was pretty funny. I paid for my to go order and left.

If this was the only Cafe Rio on earth, I'd never eat at Cafe Rio again. Thankfully, there are two or three closer to my house where the workers are friendly, efficient, and get your order right.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

I like this place for no real specific singular reason. They are fast, the food is good, (I like their chicken especially), the atmosphere is ok. It is just a good stop if you forget to get something out for dinner.

Reviewed 6 April 2016

The Cafe Rio in the Village Shops in Sandy is certainly what you would expect. The staff was obviously a bit stressed the day I was in for a to go lunch -- little terse, hurried, and wanted to get you through the line as quickly as possible; not even so much of a smile. It was -- to their benefit -- busy that day so they definitely deserve a chance to change that (even a smile, or eye contact, does a world of good). Food was what you would expect from Cafe Rio, nothing more, nothing less. Does taste a bit salty for my taste. All in all, convenient.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

The food is good. typical of other Cafe Rio locations. very crowded at times and very slow service compared to other locations,