“Disappointing at best!”

Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Laguna Beach, California
“Disappointing at best!”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Not all Days Inn motel are equal! (Stayed in a well kept, nice & clean one in Sedona, AZ)
The desk clerk was unfriendly & maybe even creepy.
The room was so small you could only walk past the bed single file - not enough room for 2 people to pass each other.
Many broken things in room - outlets, 2 lamps, broken bureau drawer was hanging down, base moldings, carpeting torn.
Room was not clean, carpet was filthy. Not enough outlets - you could either have coffee or light, but not both!
Surprisingly the TV, microwave & fridge actually worked. I was amused that the TV was an old picture tube style.
Pretty noisy - the room above us sounded like they were practicing square dancing!
They had breakfast but would not recommend it.
I regret not checking the room first - if I had I would have checked out the motels down the street that were advertising for much less.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B0hdana
daysinnstgeorge, Webmaster at Days Inn St. George, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn St. George for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it was not the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• The desk clerk received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Management, desk staff, were reminded of their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of many broken things in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any necessary repairs or replacements.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn St. George. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Valley Center, California
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Room was not particularly clean. The lamp was broken. It's on the side of a hill and difficult for motorcycle parking.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
daysinnstgeorge, Webmaster at Days Inn St. George, responded to this review, 2 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn St. George for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the broken lamp in the room assigned to your use. They were instructed to repair or replace it.

Travellers are raving about these St. George hotels

Majorca, Spain
Reviewed 19 November 2011

The place looked new and clean on the outside, however the room revealed quite the opposite. It was quite old, dirty carpet, old fixtures, clogged drain, battered door and poorly cleaned.
The bathroom had not been cleaned in some time as there was hair on the floor, the bottom of the toilet was filthy and the seat had pee on it, the tub was dirty and the drain clogged. I could only shower for two minutes before the tub was full of water. Ugh!
The inside of the room door had dirty hand prints and general grunge on it.
All said and done the room cost $66.89 and it should have been five bucks. Needless to say, my experience was less than one star.

Room Tip: All ask to see the room, closely inspect it and turn on the shower for a few minutes to see if the d...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
daysinnstgeorge, Webmaster at Days Inn St. George, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn St. George for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the clogged drain in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it’s repair.

• Maintenance was informed of the battered door on the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it’s repair or replacement.

Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed 14 November 2011

If you just want a cheap place to crash for the night and quick exit from the highway, this one is for you. But, if you expect friendly service and comfort, go somewhere else.

You would think with the list of amenities that this is a decent mid-level place to stay. Think again.

The clerk, same in pm and am, was not friendly or helpful at any point. I felt like it was putting him out to find a non-smoking room with easy ground level access... even with an almost empty lot and early in the evening.

After a 700+ mile drive I really didn't care if I had a single king bed or 2 queens as long as it was a clean non-smoking room. I almost ended up going somewhere else because I had to suggest the option myself.

While I was at the counter, someone called to cancel, and he was abrupt and very short with the caller, and made the nature of their business apparent to anyone in the room. He did not mention the complimentary breakfast or the times it would be offered. No mention about any other features or services available.

If you have allergies or sinus issues be aware the rooms are heavily perfumed. I had to run both the bathroom vent/fan and the a/c all night to keep it at bay... and kept the door open a while too.

The coffee maker has no dispenser... apparently by design... when I inquired I was told to make coffee into a tiny paper cup provided and the clerk began to detail how to make hotel coffee.

And, you could either have coffee or light. There were not enough plugs for both and no extension cord.

WiFi access is there, but where do you plug in your laptop to keep it charged if you use it? And how about charging your cell while travelling?

There was a solid metal frame under the bed. It stuck out more than an inch all the way around the bed, but was covered by the spread. I "found" it by stubbing my toe against it when readying to sleep... and yes, it did get bloody.

Furniture was crammed into a much too small room and there was barely a path to walk around the beds. And, what's with the full wall mirror next to the beds??

Complimentary newspapers were stacked out of sight on the counter and no offer was made to anyone who came in for breakfast. Breakfast was basic at best. The room was half finished and the tv at one end and clearly intended for the entertainment of the clerk and not guests. Supply boxes were stacked against one wall. The refrigerator evidently used for supplies was located next to the counter and double-locked.

This hotel is listed as pet-friendly. I travel with a well-behaved cocker and have never had any problems. There was no defined agreement, but the clerk was pretty emphatic verbally about what would NOT be tolerated and what "some people" do. He went on and on until I finally told him I would only be staying the night and would be leaving early the next morning. There were signs all around the landscaping indicating that dogs were not allowed and would be subject to fines.

These seem like small objections? This is just the tip of the iceberg. Too many little things that added up to a less than pleasant overnight stay to mention.

I've stayed in hundreds of hotels over the years, both for business and personal travel. This one ranks among the most memorable, but not for positive reasons.

Room Tip: Be specific and firm about what you need. Do not allow the clerk to bully you into something that w...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn St. George for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry for what you describe as small things that you experienced during your stay. A number of small things can certainly equal one big thing and make for a less than pleasant stay.

• Maintenance was informed of the metal frame under the bed in the room assigned to you and the way that it sticks out from under the bed and the injury it caused you.

• Maintenance was informed of the missing coffee dispenser and the lack of electrical outlets in the room assigned to your use and instructed to look into the matters.

• The desk clerk received additional training regarding our rules concerning pets.

• The manager was approached about the use of perfumes in the rooms which could cause definite problems for valued guests with allergies.

We take our receipts seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn St. George. I think you will be greatly pleased.