“Authentic tacos you'll never forget!”

Angelica's Mexican Grill
Ranked #3 of 268 Restaurants in St. George
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Irmita's Mexican Grill is is now Angelica's Mexican Grill, and is now open at 101 East ST. George Blvd. We look forward to seeing you at our new location.
Reviewed 18 November 2017

OK, if you're looking for a full service typical Tex Mex kind of restaurant, this isn't it. You won't find blah cheese smothered dishes or endless baskets of chips and boring salsa to fill you up before your meal. You will order at a counter, and you'll pick up your own food and garnish it with unique, authentic and excellent salsas before sitting down to a very casual FABULOUS meal. Our group has collectively eaten in hundreds of Mexican restaurants around the world, and we agreed: the BEST tacos any of us have ever eaten, anywhere at any cost. Period. It's the seasonings on the meats, the simplicity of the tortillas, and the uniqueness and clarity of the flavors. If you're a foodie, don't miss this one. If you are just looking for typical Mexican, this probably isn't your place.

1  Thank John F

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

We ate lunch here today and it was veey delicious. My wife got the street tacos and I got a chile verde burrito. They warned me the verde was spicy and it was but I love spicy. The price was pretty good for a good Mexican restaurant. We would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We had eaten at Irmita’s a few years ago and were surprised to see the building at Hurst’s Plaza had been torn down. Found the new location in downtown as Angelica’s near Ancestor Square. The Monday special was street tacos and I was told that they could make them vegetarian. I was surprised when I got my plate with greasy peppers and cabbage on fried tacos with rice and beans on the side. I guess I had thought that the tacos would have rice and beans with some veg. The amount of oil used had the tacos dripping. Husband had his street tacos with carnitas and muchacas. He said the carnitas was dry.

This is a larger location than the previous one and retains the weekday specials for $7.95. The portions are large.There is a salsa bar. You order and pay at the counter and then they bring the food over. There is outside and indoor seating.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here on a road trip. We both received tasty burritos that were made to order. Restaurant, including the salsa bar was clean. The only negatives were 1.husband's carne asada was a bit fatty and 2. the salsa bar was out of the verde.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Was very good. Had the steak and chicken taco. Rice. The beans are awesome. Salsa mild and medium was really tasty. Will be going back for sure.