“Great views”
Review of Sunbrook Golf Club

Sunbrook Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by Ted Robinson, this championship golf challenge, par 72, was rated by Golf Digest as the number one course in Utah for 1993-1998.
Sandy, Utah
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The Views on the Point are spectacular. And the course was in really good shape

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Moab003
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

vancouver, bc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunbrook golf - horrible shape and charge more than quoted”
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We played this course in early March. It was in horrible shape and very few people were golfing.

We were particularly upset when they charged us more (and were rude about it) than we were quoted for the twilight rate. We were on a one month golf trip throughout the area and not one course charged an additional fee for a cart - they were always included. It was our most expensive round (by almost double) and our least memorable.

In St. George we highly recommend Coral Canyon and Sky Mountain. Excellent courses with excellent staff.

1 Thank golfgalbc
Grand Junction, CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Especially well treated by head pro Reed McArthur and staff”
Reviewed 20 March 2010

If you decide to play this course you will be pleased with the three different 9 hole layouts. All completely different--Blackrock is tight, but fair. Point is beautiful due to scenery view, and Woodbridge is a real test with an island hole. I have been driving to St. Geo. for many years and Sunbrook is my favorite. Forget the Ledges course. Very flat and boring and not in good shape. Dick from Grand Junction, CO

No. Calif.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 20 October 2009

We happened to find this golf course on a city map from a local hotel. By pure luck we ended up here. We were happily greeted in the parking lot with a very friendly member who told us this course is a wonderful place to play and the best of the public golf courses in St. George. She was absolutely right! Everyone we encountered at this club was friendly and helpful. Best thing was the green fees - $40/pp including cart. What a beautiful course and wonderfully maintained with beautiful views and lovely homes on almost every hole. We'd play there again in a heartbeat! If we lived in St. George, we'd be members. We highly recommend this course -- you'll love it!!!

2 Thank JoeyNo_Calif_
surrey, british columbia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 337 helpful votes
“Nice City Owned Course at a Fair Price”
Reviewed 20 May 2009

On May 20, 2009 (day 2 of my 6 day Saint George Golf Vacation), I played 18 holes at the City of Saint George owned municipal course known as Sunbrook Golf Club (it is a 27 hole championship golf course). I played "The Point" and "Blackstone" nines. My $41 fee included green fees and a power cart rental. There is an "irons only practice range" but the pro shop did not offer me range balls and I did not ask, as I arrived at Sunbrook Golf Club 30 minutes before my tee time and I decided to practice my putting instead of hitting balls.

The course was in excellent condition. It is obvious that unlike in Las Vegas, Saint George area golf courses do not have issues with water. The course was very green and well watered, making for an interesting contrast to the native desert. The greens were soft yet smooth, with a medium/fast speed (probably a 7.5 or 8 on the stimpmeter). Unfortunately, my one criticism of the course conditions is that the sand in the bunkers is some type of heavy red sand that comes across as concrete like (unlike at Coral Canyon Golf Course, which had lovely silk like red sand). It was suggested by one of my playing partners that the heavy sand in use at Sunbrook Golf Club is probably ideal in wind and sandstorms, as it will not blow away. Just don't break a wrist hitting out of the sand!

The clubhouse at Sunbrook is relatively new. It has a fully stocked pro shop and a full serve restaurant. Unfortunatley, there was no cart gal on the course, so make sure you buy your drinks ahead of time or else you'll be dry from thirst (there are a few water containers with paper cups on the course).

As a guy who plays 30 to 40 rounds of golf a year, and probably 10 to 15 of those rounds in Las Vegas, Nevada, I can say without hesitation that Saint George, Utah is a great golfing destination and much better value for your golfing dollar than Las Vegas. Located 120 miles east of Las Vegas, Sunbrook Golf Club and the city of Saint George are a one hour and forty five minute drive from Las Vegas, thanks to the generous 75 mile per hour (120 kilometer per hour) speed limit on the highway.

So if you decide to take a day trip to Saint George (or better yet, make it a two or three night stay...what you save in green fees by playing golf in Saint George as opposed to Las Vegas will pay for your golf, hotel asnd car rental), Sunbrook Golf Club is well worth playing!

2 Thank David P