“Ok for 1 night”

Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in St. George
West Jordan
“Ok for 1 night”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This hotel was ok for 1 night. The bed was stiff. The fridge was really small, but at least they had a fridge. They ran out of pastries and there was no one at the front desk to replace them.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sioux Center, Iowa
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We arrived in St George with no reservations but I had done some research and had a few hotels I wanted to check first. My first two choices were full and we were beginning to get tired of walking from hotel to hotel so the research I had done was thrown out the window and we found the Econolodge. The price was right and after checking out the room we took it.
I quickly changed to go swimming, when I got my daughter to the pool I noticed her knees were dirty, it easily washed off in the pool. She had spent 10 hours in her car seat and only crawled on the floor of our room for a few minutes so I assumed the carpet in the room was dirty.
We slept well and enjoyed a breakfast of waffles, cereal and fruit in the morning.
If we ever travel through St George again I'd like to try some of the other hotels but the Econolodge did everything we needed it to.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Smoke100
Roy, UT
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I stayed at the Econo lodge St. George on April 6th. I usually stay at a little fancier hotels so my judgement is probably colored by that but I will be as honest and fair as possible. This hotel was booked by a family member who had stayed at this hotel on previous visits and mostly stayed there because the price was low. I will say that the property was nice and well maintained on the outside. Our room was clean and seemed to be in fairly good repair at first glance. The room also had a fridge and microwave, which is a nice touch. Upon further inspection, however, the beds were quite hard and you could see that the mattresses were very yellowed and old so it was understandable that they weren't the most comfortable. We ended up going to a local dept. store and buying pillows and cases because I knew my daughter or I would never be able to get a decent night's sleep on the ones provided. There were some issues in the bathroom with things being broken and "fixed" with tape but it functioned pretty well. My biggest complaint would be the noise. We could hear water running most of the night and there were people outside very late talking and laughing. The outside door did very little to dampen the noise so it made it impossible to sleep while that was going on. I ended up not sleeping well at all and had a long drive home the next day. The breakfast was barely worth looking at but they did provide some hard boiled eggs and cereal and a few small packaged sweet rolls of some kind plus a couple of kinds of "juice". All in all, I would not choose to stay at this location again due to the noise and the uncomfortable beds but, if you don't mind that kind of thing, the price was good and the place seemed to be clean. Basically I guess you get what you pay for, but by the time we paid for new pillows and going out for breakfast, I am not sure we saved much money overall.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank loscore
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 January 2011

My wife and I have stayed here a couple of times and the only reason for that is that they allow small dogs for a $10 fee. If we didn't have a dog we would never stay there. The rooms smell musty and the mattresses are really old and dirty. I'll do it for a night or two, but only out of necessity.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these St. George hotels

Little Elm, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed at Econolodge on our way to California and also on our way home to the Denver area. We have what hotels consider a "large dog" and was not easy to find a hotel that took dogs over 25 lbs. We had to pay an additional fee for ours, but they did not hesitate to accept large dogs. The manager at the front desk was there both times and very accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable and very affordable. We will stay there again on our next trip out that way.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family