“Needs Paint and Updating”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Colorado
“Needs Paint and Updating”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stay here often since they opened several years ago. We were here just a few days ago. I was very disappointed on how it is becoming more run down. It is still a nice hotel, but not what it once was. First, the doors are scuffed leading in and out of the hotel. Also, they have not updated the bedding (bedspreads) in five years. The toilet seat was worn down to the wood. Needs replacing. We also noticed stains on the couch that the maid should have cleaned off with a wash rag, which is what I did. Hope at some point they update and paint the doors.

Room Tip: If you have pets, you will stay on the first floor, not pets request upstairs so you wont hear all t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nance12
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for your input and comments. We touch up paint on a quarterly basis so I will make sure we keep an on the items you commented on. Also, we will be changing all of our bedding within the next 6 to 9 months and get rid of all the bedspreads. Thank you for being a loyal customer to our hotel and I hope to see you again.

Anthony White
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This was a nice new motel! We stayed here on our way to Las Vegas! We love La Quinta's comfort, fridge, and the free internet! It was a great in and out place to stay! Nice free breakfast and easy to hit the road south the next morning! Lots of pet owners here! I couldn't believe the number of dogs I saw in the halls and the lovely pet area outside! I love dogs and am happy to see a motel that actually accommodates pet owners. I'm sure they have to pay $$$ extra. My husband is a big fan of La Quinta!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for staying with us and spreading the word about our hotel. Thank you and your husband for being loyal La Quinta members. Can't wait to have you back.

Colorado
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We decided to try La Quinta since my usual chain hotels in St George were similarly priced and La Quinta has been advertising on TV like crazy. I must say our stay was a pleasant experience. The check in was quick and efficient, the rooms were actually larger than expected with all the usual amenities. And checkout was a breeze. The property was near I-15 and there are stores and restaurants close by. This is my first La Quinta stay but not the last. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Bgreenard
LaQuintaStGeorge, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for giving us a try and I am pleased you had a good experience and my staff was able to take care of you. Please come back and see us again.

West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed in a king size suite which had 2 separate rooms with a wet bar (little sink) in one of them. The huge bathroom could be accessed from either room. The bed was super comfortable with good quality linen. There are limited restaurants nearby as this hotel in not in the main part of St. George, however there is a good Mexican restaurant and a great pizza joint (D.D.) within 1/2 mile. The breakfast was typical with waffles and other usual breakfast items. If I had my choice, I would prefer scramble eggs to cold hard-boiled.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fernmonca
It sounds like you stayed in our two rooms suite; I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing us and I hope to see you again. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Utah
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times with both my family and also with friends for a girls weekend. Love that it is dog friendly. The rooms are very clean, the beds very super comfy and the staff has always been friendly. My children love the pool and I like that there is plenty of seating for me to enjoy the sun while the swim. Will definitely stay here again when in St. George.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends