“Average”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Burbank, California
“Average”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed here one night. There are a couple of issues that keep this hotel from being above-average. The guy at the front desk was not particularly friendly when I checked in and seemed in a rush. Also, there was nobody at the desk when I wanted to check out. After waiting for a few minutes I just put the key on the counter and left.

The building is older and there's a faintly funky smell in the halls. My room also smelled a bit off, most likely due to the carpet and couch. I got used to it quickly, but I expect better from hotels in this price range.

All this being said, my room was comfortable and quiet and I didn't have any issues with my stay other than the ones I described above.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank RoadTrip0708
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Working in the town. Best room for best price. Pool, breakfast, excellent location with great welcome.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank codyjones
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I am looking room for education week.n I found super 8 for best price in Provo.nice n very large room with good service. Good breakfast in the morning. 24 hr pool... excellent.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank woodlandwhite
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stay @ super 8 Provo with my family. It's perfect for my family. Nice n clean big enough room for me n my kids. Restaurant near by waking distance. Very good service. For my kids 7 pm front desk has chocolate cookies they love it.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank alanjoie
Dallas, Oregon
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The best thing I can say is it was the third cheapest stay of my 19 day trip at $ 57.86. It also had a decent and standard Super 8 breakfast. The directions from the Interstate do not say which way to turn when leaving the highway, so we had to guess. ( The directions seem to presume the traveler was familiar with the area) Then it's 4.5 miles though city traffic wondering if you turned the correct direction. But my dislike started at check in around 1945L on Aug 13. The clerk turned me off. He could learn the value of words like "please" and "thank you". He was not overtly rude, but I had a sense of disrespect. His direction to the room was"drive around back and your room is there". Good thing my grandson went ahead because my room was at the far end. The room was not very good. We turned on the A/C and it seeemed to be working, but after running for awhile, I noticed the compressor kicked off and the air coming in was actually warm. After about two hours we noticed the room was not cooling, but it was too late for us to change room. The maintenance man later told me they had replaced 14 A/C units the day before but need to replace all of them. The bathroom floor was a bit dirty, the TV remote did not work, and the door had to be slammed to close. It was rubbing and hanging up at the bottom. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Provo hotels