“Not terrible, just okay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Provo

Econo Lodge Provo
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Provo
Lander, Wyoming
“Not terrible, just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

I stayed with this Choice Hotel (www.choicehotels.com) because of their special promotion in the spring; while I felt the cost was more than it was worth, it was one of two stays for which I got a third night free, and it evened out. I did NOT find it dirty nor the front desk people (a family I think) to be rude; but did find the 'breakfast' to be not worth my time. The beds were fine, and the microwave and fridge were a great convenience for me. It is located at one of the strangest intersections (off I-15) I've ever experienced in all my travels, but that is Provo's weird design. It's next to a minimart/gas station but you have to go a few miles to find a restaurant. If I had no choice, I WOULD stay there again... but wouldn't necessarily recommend it to a female friend. I do think the rate is based on an attitude that they think it is better than it really is... not great value.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Provo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2010

I have been to 27 different states hundreds of cities, and never have I encountered such awful situation. The room was dirty, when I checked in, there was toilet paper in the toilet, the doors are not sealed and it smells terrible. I checked in at 4:00 p.m. at 4:10 p.m. I went to the front desk and told them about the problem. I requested my money back and they refused to give IT back uder the statment that I used the ammenities because my wife had set on the bed. I then called the police to mediate and explained the situation. The police officer strongly advised them to give me my money back, and they still refused. So I called my bank and disputed the charge for a service that I did not use. THEY ARE RUDE, THE PLACE IS HORRIBLE, AND THEY WILL ATTEMPT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES. STAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE FROM THIS PLACE. ALSO I WENT THROUGH ALL THESE PROBLEMS AND THEY COULD BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH, INCLUDING THE MANAGER, WHO WAS THE RUDEST.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank gabrahao

Travellers are raving about these Provo hotels

Central Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

Not a bad deal for the price in Provo, but nothing at all special. Stayed 2 nights in 08/2009. The breakfast was truly awful, I didn't even bother with it the second morning. Office staff courteous but hardly friendly. Rooms roomy but plain, pretty clean. Mattresses felt cheap but relatively new. A/C old and a bit noisy. Parking spaces tight. In-room fridge and microwave.

• Stayed August 2009
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mesa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

This was a very nasty dirty hotel and when I wanted a different room they refused to help me. They would not give me my money back either when I wanted to check-up because I was not happy. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
chicagp
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2008

All travellers do not go to this terrible hotel in provo even for free. Front desk lady and the guy do not know english and i have to wait for 20 minutes to be checked in. Being a franchise there was no friendly attitude or proffesionalism.

Horrible rooms with bad odour and no spa as advertised, they take more money for the stay.

the guy at the front desk has an attitute problem. the break fast was stale from expired dates the ornage juice was not the real orange juice. the choice franchise has to look into this hotel operations.

i am saving all to go to this hotel from experiencing this horrified experience.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Provo
3.5 km away
Residence Inn Provo
#2 of 20 in Provo
5.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orem/North Provo

Been to Econo Lodge Provo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK