“Horseback Riding at Boulder Mountain Ranch”

Boulder Mountain Ranch at Deer Valley
Ranked #23 of 100 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Boulder Mountain Ranch at Deer Valley offers the best mountain adventure around! Our trails offer stunning views exclusive to Deer Valley. Great horses for all riding levels makes for a memorable experience you won't soon forget!
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My family recently went horseback riding at Boulder Mountain Ranch. We did the Jordanelle Lookout Tour, which was a two-hour ride. The views were incredible! It was a very fun experience for the whole family. We had a guide in front of our group, and one in back of our group. Marlie was one of our guides, and she was very helpful and friendly!

All reviews
"horseman"
"trotting"
"stein"

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Thank you to the Dick family for taking us on a ride. We don't have mush experience riding horses but they made us feel comfortable and we really enjoyed our ride.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

My 8 year daughter wanted to ride horses during our vacation in Park City and Boulder Mountain Ranch at Deer Valley was a great choice. The Jordanelle ride was a beautiful trip through Deer Valley ski resort. Horses were very sweet and definitely knew the trail. Just make sure you follow their intructions as to where they are located.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank kdarby3333
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My husband and I had ridden many years ago, but we are not experienced riders at all. Boulder Mountain Ranch did a great job making us feel comfortable. Their horses were well trained and our guide was friendly and knowledgeable. We had a great morning and would definitely do this again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 July 2018

We took two rides--one was the Jordanelle ride, the other was the Alpine ride. Since we stayed at Stein Eriksen, they brought the horses to us for the Jordanelle ride. I rode Peso, who was very nice, and my husband rode Jerry who was a little...disagreeable LOL. Jerry was more interested in snacking on grasses and flowers than he was about actually walking and keeping up. Perhaps he would do better with someone who is an experienced rider and can keep him in line--literally, haha! For the Alpine ride I rode Othello and my husband rode Gravy and they were also well behaved. The trails can be very narrow with lots of loose rocks and tree roots. They can also be steep in parts. This made me a bit nervous (I have some English riding experience and I've never ridden a horse on this type of terrain). However, the horses handled it with ease. They will take kids as young as six on rides, however they can tie the horse to the guide's horse so the kid isn't solely responsible for a 1200 lb animal. It's a good idea if your kid is nervous or completely inexperienced. Also--not a bad idea to wear pants. Since the trails can be very narrow, you are often brushing against tree branches, plants and brush. If you are planning on coming to Park City, this is an absolute must!