“An excellent way to enjoy mountain scenery”

Boulder Mountain Ranch at Deer Valley
Ranked #11 of 52 things to do in Park City
More attraction details
Owner description: Boulder Mountain Ranch at Deer Valley offers the best mountain adventure around! Our trails offer stunning views exclusive to Deer Valley. Great horses for all riding levels makes for a memorable experience you won't soon forget!
Reviewed 22 July 2018

My husband and I had ridden many years ago, but we are not experienced riders at all. Boulder Mountain Ranch did a great job making us feel comfortable. Their horses were well trained and our guide was friendly and knowledgeable. We had a great morning and would definitely do this again.

All reviews
"horseman"
"trotting"
"stein"

Reviewed 21 July 2018

We took two rides--one was the Jordanelle ride, the other was the Alpine ride. Since we stayed at Stein Eriksen, they brought the horses to us for the Jordanelle ride. I rode Peso, who was very nice, and my husband rode Jerry who was a little...disagreeable LOL. Jerry was more interested in snacking on grasses and flowers than he was about actually walking and keeping up. Perhaps he would do better with someone who is an experienced rider and can keep him in line--literally, haha! For the Alpine ride I rode Othello and my husband rode Gravy and they were also well behaved. The trails can be very narrow with lots of loose rocks and tree roots. They can also be steep in parts. This made me a bit nervous (I have some English riding experience and I've never ridden a horse on this type of terrain). However, the horses handled it with ease. They will take kids as young as six on rides, however they can tie the horse to the guide's horse so the kid isn't solely responsible for a 1200 lb animal. It's a good idea if your kid is nervous or completely inexperienced. Also--not a bad idea to wear pants. Since the trails can be very narrow, you are often brushing against tree branches, plants and brush. If you are planning on coming to Park City, this is an absolute must!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

A very relaxing ride. They took the time to match each rider's ability to the horse, however the horses were all in slow motion so no worries there. The Jordonelle ride was nice and it was interesting to see the Deer Valley Ski Resort without snow but would have preferred more nature than ski slopes and ski lifts. By the time we were on our way back the main area was quite crowded with hikers and bikers. Overall an enjoyable ride.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We had a wonderful time. The ride was just right in length of time. The scenery in amazing. The horses were very well trained, especially for my kids 13 and 8. Both 1st time riders and we all loved it!