“Wonderful!”

The Chateaux Deer Valley
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Park City
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This was our first stay at The Chateaux at Silver Lake and we were very impressed. From the accomodating staff to the beautiful and comfortable room to the ski in/ski out, it was absolutely wonderful. We would ski during the day and then relax in the hot tub afterwards. The breakfast buffet was a delicious way to start our day before skiing. The underground parking was also a bonus, since it snowed a couple of days while there, we didn't have to clean our car! We felt spoiled the entire visit and would definitely recommend The Chateau to others!

1  Thank Amy R
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Chateaux Deer Valley

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Beautiful, large, and well decorated suites with amazing mountain views. Heated underground parking with very friendly staff. The resort is close enough to all the Park City attractions but far away enough give you that secluded mountain feel. Ski resorts right there out the door. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welladjusted1
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in one of the one bedroom suites for Valentine's Day weekend. The room was amazing with an amazing view. Staff was very hospitable and accomodating. The underground heated parking was very nice. We relaxed in the clean and very warm hottub while it snowed around us. There was a fire place in the front room as well as the bedroom. In the evening, they provided us with bottled water and turned down our bed. Had a great time sipping on cocktails while lounging on the balcony.

3  Thank lisa_Utah
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Our stay was for 21 days and we skied for 18 days and traveled about Park City for the rest of the time and did not even get close to doing all the things we wanted to do.
The hotel is Managed by the Owners of the adjacent Stine Ericson Ski lodge and as such the standard of service is of equal messure. You can also eat at the Stine and have the account charged to your room. ( I would walk across to the Stine for dinner or lunch but some of the other guest prefered to travel by the in house shuttle to the Stine for meals).
Upon arival the front desk is the first point of contact and this is where the strengh of service is first noticesed. The staff "made the stay" for my traveling companion and my self.
I remember the names of all the front desk Alax, Gaylla, Jacqi, Kathy, Shawna & Stephnie. (thanks for making the stay above all expetations).
The next staff who made our stay were the service for breakfast which was always quick and friendly, then the food was as good as you will ever get, a great veriety (breakfast keeped us skiing all day).
As Silver Lake is high on the mountian and a lot of the night life and shopping is in Park City below, the Chateaux has a fleet of shuttles, which provide the most wonderful drop-off and pick-up service to all the shop, pub and restaurants. Again I have to mention two of the staff, both Dax & David made out trip, they were able to sort out any problem and went well beyond their duty.
The hotel is just across the road to the snow less than 80 yards, if you intend to ski at Deer Valley then Silver Lake is the place to start and finish the days skiing due to its location on the mountain. When finished the Hotel Bar is a good place to relax.
What I did not like, only a small problem but, as the rooms and suites are privately owned some are slightly over furnished thus limiting the free space available in the rooms and the air conditioning can be a bit noisy. That said the room service is full 5 star. Very clean. The room had everything and the gas log fire in the room was just wonderful to relax by at the end of the day, many times I just fell asleep by the fire. The private kitchen in my room was much better they my Kitchen at home.
Is it cheep? No. Did I think it was value? Yes. Would I stay again? Yes. I will be saving up to stay again. I have had over 40 ski vacations in my life of all types all over the world and I think I now know whats is good and what not, I can recommend the Chateaux at Silve Lake to all.

Room Tip: Lower floors can use the main lobby stairs but the upper two floors are accessed by the lifts. All...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Huon L
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Just back from 7 nights skiing at Deer Valley. Can't say enough about the whole experience at the Chateaux. Loved the closeness to the slopes. We will be back next year.