We just got back from our 5 day/4 night ski trip. We traveled as family of four with our two boys (12 and 15). You CANNOT beat the location of this place with respect to skiing. It is truly ski-in ski-out. Our room is a standard room with a queen bed and pull out sofa bed for the boys and it comes with a kitchentte (sink, microwave, mini-fridge). They supply you with dishes, silverware, drinking glasses. Other larger rooms have full kitchen (stove, oven, dishwasher). With four of us, we could use a little more space, but it was just fine as it is.
Yes, it is not a 5-start luxury hotel, but it is very clean and comfortable.
This is why we will go back to Mountainside if we go back to Park City:
1) Only hotel guests can walk through the pool area (short-cut), open the gate, put your skis on and ski down just 20 yards to the 6-man PayDay lift. This lift is literally right next to the hotel pool area. We've skied in the past, and this is by far most convenient!
2) When you are done, you can ski down to the same gate, take off your skis, and wak through the same pool area and once inside the hotel, check in your skis and poles overnight at the ski valet. They will give you an ID token which you present to them the next time you get your equipment.
3) It is very $$ to eat in town, but if you want, you can buy meats/veggies and use one of four huge commercial grills they have at the pool area. Every night, you can come out and smell other guests grilling wonderful steaks, burgers, chicken! The hotel supplies plenty of clean BBQ tools to use.
4) They have an activity area of kids of all ages called "The Mine". There are pool tables, fooseball, board games to check out. There are activities for the kids every night as well as adults. Checking-in you will be given the daily activities schedule. My son won a couple small bag of chips at their "Junk Food Bingo" one night ;-)
5) FOUR hot tubs, so it's really never crowded, and the heated pool is absolutely gigantic. Believe me, after all day skiing, the hot tubs are wonderful.
6) The hotel itself does not have restaurants, but it is surrounded by restaurants, shops, ski rentals in this huge square-like area. A variety of resturants from burger/pizzas to nice ones.
7) Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Yes, there are very luxurious hotels in Park City, but for those guests they will either have to wait for city bus or use their own vehicles to transport them back and forth to the mountain every single day. Really when you're done skiing all day long, the last thing you want to do is have to carry all your stuff to your car or wait at the bus stop.
Main Street in Park City is very nice to walk up and down. Tons of restaurants and shops. You can either drive there, but if you don't have a car, take the city bus. It's less than 5 minutes away.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's MountainSide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Mountainside Hotel Park City
- Marriotts Park City
- Marriotts Mountainside Hotel
- Marriott Park City
- Marriott's MountainSide Park City, Utah