See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

Decent rest after my Trans-Pacific flights. Food is terribly overpriced. Junky toiletries. Bell carts available in lobby. Front Desk staff is surly. Nintendo WII charges were outrageous. Maybe we'll stay again.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Corey N
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This was an incredible property overall. I am in the hospitality business and I have to say that the staff definitely gave a five star level of service. The apres ski and continental breakfast was a nice touch. The location was great and the quality of the property was very upscale. Perhaps the best touch was the Escalade car service to anywhere in the Deer Valley/Park City area. They were always prompt and courteous while at the same time very personable. The kids room was a nice amenity to have which included chalk boards, bean bags, television, ping pong and table soccer. The only down side to the entire trip was that Deer Valley doesn't allow snowboarders so you will have to split up your family if you have any boarders. Kristi the concierge is great to make sure and use her for any of your reservations. Lift tickets can be bought and charged to your room at reception so you can go straight to the lifts.

Date of stay: December 2013
3  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 12 October 2013

What a gorgeous property and an amazing location. Fantastic ski valets too. Easy shuttle trip to main st in Park City, and just steps away from the main lodge in Deer Valley, including the ski school. Walk or ski to all the main lodge amenities. Breakfast and tea service too. Best ski trip ever.

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank Reader27
Reviewed 16 April 2013

First, if you've been to Deer Valley, you know how great it is. Sorry snowboarders, I know you're not allowed at Deer Valley and I kinda like that...

Black Diamond is the perfect location for families with kids in ski school. We watched the kids return from our the hot tub and walked over when we saw them. It is as "ski in/ski out" as you can possibly be. Amazing location.

We had a one bedroom and our friends had a three bedroom. Our room was all we needed and it was great. But our friends three bedroom was amazing: a full-sized laundry room, a mudroom area for wet gear, a steam shower, wow!

My only complaint about our room was the screens were very dusty. It was the end of the season and I suspect they'll get a spring cleaning; but I debating cleaning them myself because our boys both have asthma. Everything else (beds, kitchen, bathroom) was flawless, which might have made screens stand out.

The hot tub was great! We took a dip every afternoon. No pool, which would be great, but we knew that going in. I must admit, our post-spring-skiing afternoon at the pool at the Stein Eriksen two year ago was a highlight of that trip.

Finally, the staff at the Black Diamond was fantastic! From the very helpful concierge service that Joey provided before and during the trip to the hassle-free Escalade rides into town or the market, the staff shined. They were a credit to Deer Valley. Great work everyone!

We will be back!

Room tip: Get the biggest room you can afford! The larger rooms are fantastic! We were in Building 2 (which is a little bit of a misnomer because they are all connected) and loved the view. Our friends had a slight better view from Building 3. I think every room looks out on the slopes.
Date of stay: April 2013
3  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We came upon Black Diamond while searching for a place to stay during Park City's summer concert series. The staff was incredible - even helping me pull off a surprise for my husband - our son took leave from the Marines to surprise him for Father's Day! Cheryl Neuenschwander, manager, was amazing. The head of maintenance (sorry! I can't remember his name) was great, making sure we had additional supplies for our additional guest! Little did we know when we booked the room that it had an incredible balcony that overlooked the concert field. The views were fabulous. This was so much better than the downtown condo we rented the night before.

Date of stay: June 2012