All reviews butler service champagne sabering bathroom mirror remede spa gated community deer valley hot chocolate bar ski valet bloody mary beautiful property deluxe suite car service in room dining the main hotel ski boots fire pit ski season
Reviewed 4 January 2011

The St. Regis has potential to be a 5 Star resort, but needs improvement. The concierge service is the most that needs improvement. It seems like they spend most of their time passing the buck when asked for help. This was ongoing throughtout the planning process: from booking dinners in advance, to ski lessons, to recommendations on "things to do", etc... Most 5 star resorts' concierges are trained to "always say yes", especially for the amount it costs to stay at a place like this. That was not the case here. Also, they need more cars for transportation. We were always waiting to go to dinner or in town. 4 SUVs are not enough. The Little Nell in Aspen is probably a quarter the size and have more SUVs for guests. I would still recommend the St Regis only because I think these 2 main points are because the St Regis is fairly new. I hope they improve for the future.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank skier016
StRegisDeerCrest, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2011

Dear skier016,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your recent stay.

Allow me to personally apologize for your experiences with the concierge and our transportation. This does not reflect the bespoke and uncompromising service that we strive to deliver each day.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss any aspects of your stay further with you and can be contacted at stan.kaminski@stregis.com

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 January 2011

I have had the good fortune of traveling to many high end properties and this is one that CANNOT be missed. We just returned from a post Christmas, New Year trip to the St. Regis Deer Crest. Suffice it to say, I was floored!

We arrived late with our 5 year old son in tow. We were greeted with smiles, attentiveness, eagerness to please and the aroma of eucalyptus. We were whisked to our rooms, which were stupendous. Like living in a cloud, all luxury linens and down duvets, Beautiful design and decor, elegant baths and gas fireplaces. Clean as a whistle. The building is built like a war ship. You cannot hear a single noise from another room or the corridor.

The community spaces are outstanding with wide open rooms, vaulted ceilings, comfy lounging areas, vast mountain views and enormous fireplaces. There are outdoor heated pools and jacuzzis, fire pits and a fire garden for cocktails in the evening. Children's game rooms and designated activities. Like evening stories and roasting s'mores.

The resort shop will outfit you with brand new rental equipment as well as any other possible necessity. Ride down the fanicular to the children's ski school it runs so smoothly. The kids have fun and learn essential skills in a patient, positive environment. from 10 - 3:45. Parents can enjoy runs together sans kids.

The ski valets will put on your boots, lay out your skis and poles, offer you beverages, as well as take it all in for storage and drying after the days runs. PURE BLISS. The only way to ski.

The spa was simply glorious. True spa soaking pool with powerful jets, saunas and steams, oxygen therapy rooms, etc... I had a Massage by Russell whom I wanted to kidnap. He soothed all my aching ski related soreness.

Cannot wait to return as soon as humanly possible. Loved everything and everyone!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Gorgeous location and facility. Unfortunately many of the staff members need more training. Here are a few specifics:

Got incorrect info from the entry level reception desk about how the shuttle into town works so waited an hour before being able to get downtown to our dinner reservation. In our room, the knob fell off the shower fixture and the TV didnt work. Called engineering 3 times. Soap only on one side of the his/hers sinks. Waited 45 mins for our car after calling the valet, and it wasnt because they were busy, it was because they had miscommunicated with each other. The hotel has only been open a couple of months so perhaps they're working out a few kinks? Nevertheless, my husband and I were disappointed not to mention frustrated and frankly we expected better from the St. Regis.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Travelathon
StRegisDeerCrest, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2010

Dear Travelathon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience, although I am disappointed we did not meet and excede your expectations.

Allow me to personally apologize for the miscommunication between staff members. This does not reflect the high standards of service that I have set for this property.

Reviewed 28 December 2010

Many of the staff seemed to be new and were lacking knowledge about the facilities. Additionally the private dining experience was unsatisfactory - incorrect items, missing items, food cooked to the wrong temperature etc.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
StRegisDeerCrest, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2010

Dear ds123456,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Allow me to personally apologize for your experiences with private dining and some of the staff members. This does not reflect the high standards of service that I have set for this property.

Reviewed 27 December 2010

The St. Regis Deer Valley is lovely. The hotel is clean and furnished in a comfortable contemporary style. Access to the ski slopes is excellent. Although there is only one retaurant, the food was consistently excellent. The local transportation provided by the hotel made travel to Park City a pleasure. The service, however, was erratic. While these were relatively mild annoyances, given the hotel's reputation and rates, they should not have occurred. Some examples:
1. We had to call each day of our stay to reqeust the turn-down service, which should have been provided automatically.
2. Housekeeping did not empty the garbage bins in the room daily.
3. Dirty towels from the previous occupant were left in the wicker basket in the bathroom.
4. Soaps/shampoos were not routinely replenished.
5. Delays in checking in and checking out due to technical problems at the front desk.
6. Slow service in the restaurant for breakfast- a problem for skiiers trying to eat quickly and get out on the slopes.
7. Although generally excellent, occasional lapses on the part of the ski valet resulted in our receiving the wrong equipment on one occasion and loss of a ski accessory on another. One day there would be three people trying to help us, and the next we would be ignored for 15 minutes while staff stood around talking to one another.
8. Table service at the St. Regis bar was not well-coordinated. For apres ski, we were left sitting at a table for close to 30 minutes before a waitress took our order (after we said something to the bartender). In the evening, a dessert order took an hour and two of the items were not delivered as ordered.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family

Dear AnalyticalTraveler,

I want to thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the St. Regis Deer Valley. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall experience, but I am disappointed you experienced areas of shortfall with service.

We strive to provide each guest with a bespoke, memorable experience and the service that you received is not the norm. Each of these areas will immediately be looked into.