All reviewsbutler servicechampagne saberingbathroom mirrorremede spagated communitydeer valleyhot chocolate barski valetbloody marybeautiful propertydeluxe suitecar servicein room diningthe main hotelski bootsfire pitski season
Reviewed 9 September 2012

All I can say is fantastic - from the service to the atmosphere....it is all top notch.

We've stayed at several different properties in the Park City area and this is by far the best. Once in a while they will have specials that make it a bit more affordable. Watch for those and give this place a try - you won't be sorry.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SambaJones
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Our visit to the St. Regis Hotel in Deer Valley was a high point in our long list of vacation experiences! What an amazing place to visit in the summertime....we can only guess what it is like when you strap the skis on in the "ski-valet" area and literally ski out of the hotel downhill to the lift and ride back up the hill so you can literally ski downhill back into the hotel! Made me want to wish for snow in August! :) What makes this hotel so special is the people that work so hard to make sure that every guest is treated like royalty. When you stay at a hotel that actually has superb butler service it is hard not to remember their names...the Head Butler Alex Mattinson actually worked for Queen of England in the Royal Household and actually has the pictures to prove it if you press him on it. He is not only a delightful gentleman but he is training other bulters like Chris and Tom to be as sharp as he is. It really is amazing on one side to have service like this.....but you kind of expect when you stay in a place of this caliber...and they don't disappoint!

I couldn't finish this review without a couple of observations: (1) every bite of food I consumed in the week tasted superb....there are no bad dishes at the St. Regis! I believe you could pick out food you don't like and it would taste fabulous here!, (2) In the early evening there is a great firepit that is set up to be the greatest "some-more" station in the world....a never ending supply of great marshmellows, Hershey chocolate and gram-crackers that bring you back to the days of your childhood, (3) The Champagne Sabering - every evening at sunset or so a fabulous event takes place.....a very knowledgable gentleman name Marcel stand on a rock surrounded by a garden of fire (literally....a garden of actual fire!) and recounts the history of champagne and how the French soldiers would open a bottle of champagne with a sharp Saber and explain how the pressure of the champagne being released blows away any glass shards to make it safe to drink....and then he actually does it in a magnificently swashbuckling manner that puts a smile on your face! My wife was present with the cork still in the neck of the bottle! What a kick!

Lastly, in this somewhat public forum, I want to thank a couple of the servers that made every meal taste better for the quality of service and the size of the smiles shared....Kylie, Hadley and Jeff were my favorites but I know any that I missed would have been right up there.

If you have a chance to visit this place in the summer, do it! Ride the chairlifts all over the mountains and if you are a lunatic mountain biker then 3 cheers, take your bike on the chairlift with you and I'll pray that you have life insurance for the ride down. I was happy to ride up and down all over the place and it was a perfect way to enjoy the scenary! And just so you know, there are plenty of great eateries in Deer Valley and Park City that serve great food also....but if you feel like treating yourself to a Royal Weekend or Week, you'll get smart and check into the St. Regis and let Alex and his crew treat you like the King or Queen that you know you are!

Wendell

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank britecrawl
StRegisDeerValley, General Manager at The St. Regis Deer Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Dear britecrawl,

What a pleasure it was to read about your extraordinary experience here at St. Regis Deer Valley. Thank you for taking the time to reflect on the highlights of your trip! I am glad you were able to experience many of our St. Regis traditions. Especially the sabering of which John Jacob Astor started and is done at St. Regis' around the world celebrating the transition from day to night!

We hope to see you again when the snow has fallen and you are able to take in the luxury of our ski in ski out property and our hot chocolate apres ski bar!

Stan Kaminski

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed here last month for a wedding I attended in Park City.

I have visited the St. Regis many times before, since it opened a couple of years ago, but mostly to dine at the restaurants or just go have a drink after skiing.

The thing I loved most about the property was that the bathroom mirror had a TV in it. I know it's a geeky, odd thing to be impressed by, but I loved it and I want one in my bathroom at home now.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, but the view is amazing, where ever you are stationed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stacy M
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Where's the hotel? this might be the first question in your mind when you pull up, but no worries! After your car is whisked away by the valet, you're on your way up the finiculaire (outdoor enclosed elevator). As it curves upwards, you'll see the slopes and the great property you'll be staying in.

Must-do's- Spa treatment- take your pick- I had a man facial- yeah- don't laugh. it was great. Breakfast at JG Grill- the french toast is excellent. Sunset by the fire. The Wine Bar (?). Great choices on a multitude of excellent wines. Prepare to be awed by the service.

A quick shuttle into town is very helpful as well!

Mini-tip- coffee isn't easy to come by in the early AM- consider bringing some VIA and making your own if you're an addict like me.

We only stayed 3 nights. My wife wants to go back soon.

Room Tip: This is a luxury property so if you want a really good room with a really good view during high season, expect to pay for it! There are 'no bad rooms' as far as I could tell.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Kitalexi

Dear Kitalexi,

Thank you for your kind words about your experience here at St. Regis Deer Valley. I am delighted to hear you were able to spend some time in each area of the resort from the funicular to the spa!

Kitalexi, we are greatfull you chose our resort for your getaway and hope to see you again soon.

Stan Kaminski

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We spent the weekend at the St. Regis Deer Valley and it was awesome! Saturday night we went to the outdoor concert and the Chef de Cuisine prepared us an incredible picnic basket. It was everything from appetizers to great desserts. Sunday we enjoyed the outdoor pig roast with all the fixings! The service was phenomenal, the setting was gorgeous and again the food was amazing!! We left the next morning after truly healthy breakfast. We can't say enough about this wonderful experience!

Room Tip: ask for an Astor suite with a balcony facing the pool side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple