New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Park Hotel Condominiums

Park Hotel Condominiums
Park Hotel Condominiums
Sydney, Australia
“Much better than I was expecting!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I am currently staying here on my 5th from 7 nights. I was very fortunate to have gotten a discount voucher here for a 7 night stay. So basically being locked into this accommodation I was pretty concerned about the comments of others here before me.
It would appear that in the 12 months or so since the last review that a lot of improvements have been made. One MUST keep in mind that you are staying in an historic building that is priced accordingly. It simply isnt fair to compare this place to a 5* hotel, so dont stay here if you want a 900mm Euro oven, LCD lights or a king sized bed with pillow top mattress! Stay here if you want an honestly clean spacious place more like grandmas house.

Ok so the concerns of others..
Overly hot units: The place is heated on a hot water boiler. It would appear that they have fixed the wildly fluctuating temps. We still wore sweaters inside at times and needed blankets on beds at night. Ceiling fans and portable AC units can help if it gets too hot. Bottom line...not really an issue, and we are here in a damn cold snow filled week!

Beds: The queen sized bed in the main bedroom was so comfy I could have taken it home. Seriously it was not hard at all! The fold away in the living room however was attrocious and unable to be slept on. The very helpful staff (Joyce) gave us a foam mattress to assist, but in the end we put the couch cushions on the floor with the foam. Quite a comfy outcome, but something to be wary of if you need 2 seperate beds.

Bathroom/Shower: Ok the shower is small (but nowhere nere as small as say those in Japan!) and it is in an old claw foot bath, but it isnt hard to get in and out of. In fact its the same height as any normal bath/shower. There are plenty of soap holders and no issue with water temps. The shower head was big and generous and there is truly no issue with this shower, again unless you are expecting a 5* hotel bath that you could do laps in!!

Noise: Yes you are staying on Main Street. This is where the nightlife is, and possibly why you'd want to stay here in the first place? Ask for a rear (town lift) facing unit, they are further from the road. We have not found noise to be an issue at all other than 20 seconds worth of noise around midnight Sat night!

Wireless Internet is now in every room...and its fast...nice!

Parking...yes its an additional cost and 500 feet away.

Hot tub...looks like the one from the movie Vacation at the summer camp. Give it a miss!

Other than this the kitchen is well equipped, there are new hi def LCD TV's with blu-ray and excellent brand new and large washing facilities.

The staff here are beyond helpful. Give this place a go if you want a very central and very well priced, spacious place to stay. Go elsewhere if you want ritz n glitz, you wont find it here!

Room Tip: Ask for a rear (mountain) facing room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stumpy308
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

Poor, dated, overly hot (even wit the windows during a snow storm), single queen bed (hard as a rock) unit in DT PC. Hot tub was very terrible and in basement
Parking was $40 for the week and 2+ blocks away
Staff did the best they could but property is dated and needs big time upgrading

• Stayed March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gsek

Travellers are raving about these Park City hotels

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

I went to Park Hotel in March with my boyfriend and we loved it. The location is awesome. Although the condo is a little dated, it had everything we needed for a weeks stay. It was nice having the option of staying in and cooking some home cooked meals, breakfast and dinners. The lady that checked us in, Joyce, was especially helpful and sweet. I did find the room to be on the warmer side but we opened up the windows and the problem was solved. I was worried about the shower because of all of the comments. Yes, it was a claw tub but the water pressure and temp was great. I didn't find any problem getting in or out of it. I Overall nice change from staying in a hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank alexgg2539
Greenville, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

Spent a week at the Park Hotel Condo's and enjoyed the visit, but it could have been more enjoyable. The property is in a historical building on Main Street, so it was in a good location for getting out and about the town for food, sight seeing and entertainment.

Some negatives which we encountered are the following:

1. Exterior of building is being painted, with painters arriving at 7 AM. On surface this may seem trivial, but building has no A/C. With that in mind, we were not too happy that manager of facility allowed painters to start so early.

2. Bathtub is an old Victorian with claw feet which is neat for an historical building, but made getting in and out of tub somewhat precarious. I really had no difficulty myself because I am tall, but my wife is 5' 7" and it was a challenge for her.

3. Plumbing had air in lines so pipes clanged a tad too much when using water or restroom facilities.

4. No on site parking. Had to park a couple of blocks away and pay for parking.

I addressed #1-3 issues with site manager so hopefully they will address the above problems.

Overall we would stay here again, but only if first three problems are corrected.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Justwufn
Phoenix, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

The Park Hotel Condos are located right on Main Street. It is really nice to be able to walk out the front door and be steps away from all the shops and restaurants. I found the front desk very friendly and helpful. We had a one bedroom unit on the fifth floor. We did not have any problem with the noise at night (we were in one of the back units), even though we slept with one or two windows open in the dead of winter because the unit tended to be a little too warm for our liking. The kitchen was well equipped. The living room and dining room were adequate. There was a fold out couch.....so~ so. The bedroom, too, was of adequate size. The bathroom itself was OK, with a sink in the bathroom and also one outside the bathroom which is nice. The problem was the old fashioned claw top tub/shower. It was so TINY, I couldn't wait to get out of it. It was also very high up and awkward to get out of! There was also a TINY soap dish that could hold a bar of soap, and sometimes hold two airline carry on size shamphoo bottles, although they kept slipping out. To get to the hot tub, you have to take the elevator down to the bottom level. When you get out of the elevator, you come face to face to a bar area, and the entrance to a Thai restaurant. It is a little odd to be walking thru a crowd of people waiting to be seated for dinner in your swim suit/cover up. You then proceed down the hall. You turn right to get into the workout room (only two machines) and hot tub. If you were to turn left, you would be walking into the restaurant's kitchen....there is no door and kitchen staff can clearly see you coming/going. ONe nice thing is that we always had the hot tub to ourselves! Small shower and hot tub access aside, I would definately recommend the hotel due to the great location. I was able to trade my RCI week and really enjoyed having a kitchen, especially being there a full week. We went out to eat four nights, and every restaurant was pricey, but food was very good. I feel I should mention that the condos are a little behind in the times and there is no wireless connection, so you cannot use your laptop in the room. There is an internet cafe one block away, or you can use the computer in the lobby for $3/half hour. I feel I should mention that there is no hotel parking, but there are lots a couple a blocks away. While my husband parked the car for seven minutes out front while we unloaded the car, we managed to get not one, but two, parking tickets. So make sure someone stays with the car while you are checking in! The one thing I would HAVE to recommend if you are going there to ski is to take the one hour drive out of Park City and ski Brighton. I have skiied many places, and it is my all time favorite. Unlike Alta & Snowbird, there are some really nice easy/intermediate runs and the mountain is just about as pretty as it gets! They also get twice the amount of snow that Deer Valley/Park City/The Canyons get. If you want to go for a snow mobile ride, Daniels Summit is the place to go! On a clear day, the scenery will wow you!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple