“Very poor customer service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Sleep Inn
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Ogden
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,848 helpful votes
“Very poor customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed one night and indicated at check in that we wanted the stay credited to our Southwest Airlines acccount. We were told it was done--then at check out we asked again if the miles were credited to SWA and were told they were. After a month and some checking with SWA, we find out that the stay was not credited.

Did the staff at the motel ignore our request or just blow it off as unimportant? We now have to make many calls to SWA and Choice Hotels to get the motel's mistake corrected.

This certainly leaves a bad impression--too bad, this was a pretty good place to stay--good location, reasonable rates, quiet because we asked for a room away from the loud trucks at the truck stop, comfortable bed, smallish room, but it did have a fridge and microwave. I probably would have rated this place very good except for the uncaring customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pnemiller
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Rooms were clean, tidy, looked brand new. Updated furnishings, new tv, microwave, fridge, and whatnot. Bed was comfortable, too. As were pillows.

Only thing I might agree with is the semi trucks grumbling across the street at the truck stop, but turn on the air unit and you don't hear a thing. :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Lander, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

Had a very small room, one queen... but was thrilled to find they had a microwave and fridge in the room (most important to me). It's right by a truck stop but I did not hear noise as I was in the back side of the motel, overlooking a green field and spectacular mountains in the distance. The highway was far enough away that you could not hear that either. Decent breakfast as they had hard boiled eggs, which is a must for me to consider it breakfast... need that protein to travel on! There is a sign that everyone sees on the highway for a cheaper price, but they explain it is for a single, smoking room. I always get good prices from the Choice Hotels website anyway, along with points... would suggest you join memberships if you travel a lot!

There is a computer in the lobby that worked well.

I felt it was quiet, a good bed, and tho the room was very small, opening that window (on the second floor) made all the difference. I do recommend this motel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

We checked in at 3:00 pm. None of the lights were working. We called the front desk and they said they would fix it. One and a half hours later we left for dinner. When we came back the lights were still not working and I was sick with a head cold. My partner was trying to help take care of me and walking around in the dark bumping into furniture. We did not know what was wrong so we called the front desk again. The guy we spoke to said they had shift change at 5:00 and no one had told him. So we did finally get the light on at 7:00.
Very bad customer service and we made a complaint with Choice Hotels. All we got was a "Oh ... Sorry about that".

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Ogden hotels

Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

The Sleep Inn in Ogden UT was a good choice for my travel plans. It is close to I-15 and was very easy to find. Very helpful staff. Clean and comfortable bed. My trip was being done on a low budget and the Sleep Inn was a great value. If I again find myself in the Ogden area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo