“Big menu, friendly service ”
Review of Windy's Sukiyaki

Windy's Sukiyaki
Ranked #5 of 403 Restaurants in Ogden
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Windy's Sukiyaki is a casual Japanese restaurant in Ogden Utah. We are loved for a variety of made to order sushi rolls, delicious sukiyaki, homemade gyoza, donburi, ramen, udon, tempura and juicy steak and much more. When you walk into the restaurant, you have a choice of dining in the cozy cafe style open room or in a super unique private tea room (yes, we ask you to take your shoes off.) Our friendly staff will serve you with the smile whether you are on a date or going out as a family, either way, it's a perfect choice. Windy's Sukiyaki has been operating since 1974, we can't thank enough our loyal customers who support us all these years.
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has an extensive menu of both sushi and regular meat items. Some of the people in our group stuck to the tried-and-true rice bowls. We were a group of 16 and everyone enjoyed their meal. The one server was able to handle our large table efficiently.

I had the number 22 sushi combo. The seven assorted sushi included two duplicates. I am a sushi aficionado having lived in Hawaii and visited Japan. The quality of the fish is not as high as you would get at Tona or Sushi Toto, but it was higher quality than the other Ogden sushi restaurants.

The restaurant appears to do a fairly big takeout business. The interior has private rooms were you sit Japanese style with a low table.

I would like to go back and try some of the non-sushi items.

WindysSukiyaki, Manager at Windy's Sukiyaki, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Outddorpartner,
Thank you so much for your review. Glad to hear your group enjoyed the food and service. Hope to see you again, happy holidays!

Reviewed 6 October 2017

Yesterday, I wrote a review about this restaurant and as pointed out, in that review, it had been some time since I had been there and that I would probably try it again. I did and here is the most current information:

We arrived without a reservation and asked for a tea room. They accommodated us. Unless you don't mind sitting at old tables in a room with very little atmosphere, you should get a tea room.

We were seated promptly. After about 5 minutes, the server poked her head through the curtains and said she would be right with us. After about 5 minutes more, she did the same thing. Then in about 5 minutes, she came back to take our order. In defense of the server; I really don't think they had more on staff and she did the best she could and she was very pleasant too.

The menu has changed a bit, from the last time I was there. Now there is a lot of the sushi rolls. I think they are trying to compete with the other sushi places that do things on the cheap. They have added, and have always had, more upscale items on the menu.

I will start with stating that all of our food was delicious! To begin, we had the tempura vegetables , which they offer with octopus too. My wife is a vegetarian, so that was out of the question for sharing.

I do not recall what my wife had. I do know that she liked it. After the tempura vegetables, I ordered their seared tuna. I also upgraded my meal to include soup, salad and desert. The tuna was prepared perfectly, presented perfectly and was a much larger portion than I expected for only $16.00. The upgrade added about $7.00 to the cost of my meal. Total with tax and a generous tip, we spent slightly less than $60.00, for two people. In my mind, that is reasonable, if not a good price.

I still think they need to update the interior with some fresh paint & carpet. They should also turn on the outdoor lights, after dark, so we can gaze out at their gardens.

Will I go back??? Absolutely!

1  Thank Tom W
WindysSukiyaki, Manager at Windy's Sukiyaki, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Hello, Tom W!
We are happy you have decided to visit us again. It must have been a little busy night, and we do appreciate for your understanding. We want to thank you for your time; we did take a note of​ your suggestions. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We love going to Windy's. The staff is exceptional and the food is outstanding. We really love to sit in the private dining area!! They always treat us well and we enjoy our time there. It is a place we go for all occasions!! The sushi is fresh and they always have great specials and the other dishes are fantastic.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
WindysSukiyaki, Manager at Windy's Sukiyaki, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Amegirl23,
Thank you so much for your sweet words, we are happy to know you enjoy dining with us. We truly appreciate your time for this review and continuous support for Windy's. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Friendly prompt service, mildly dated but clean with tasteful decor, choice of private tatami rooms or general seating.

Hello, Frances!
Thank you so much for taking your time to write this review. Your honest opinion is really important to us. We hope you will visit us in near future.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We've been dining at Windy's for over 40 years! It's our go to place for all our celebrations as well as the just because we can't wait for a celebration! The food is delicious and the service is amazing. A private tea room is a must for us! Thanks Windy's!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
WindysSukiyaki, Manager at Windy's Sukiyaki, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear Vickie.
Thank you so much for being a long time patron to Windy's. We truly appreciate you taking your time to let the world (and us, of course) know about Windy's. We hope to serve you​ many more years!!