“Great photographic tour”

Sacred Monument Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We're a Jeep and Horseback tour service in Monument Valley located on the border of Utah and Arizona. The Sacred Monument Tours is a family owned business with over 20 years of experience. We guide visitors from all over the world inside the popular Navajo Tribal Park. Whether family, spouse or working professional we're here to help you get the best out of your stay.
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We had a great 3-hour photographic jeep tour. Roy was a pleasure to be with -- didn't talk too much, but when he did he provided good information. Was very willing to customize the trip to what we liked.

Leshanria T, Director of Sales at Sacred Monument Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thanks for the feedback & score, we'll let Roy know. Hope to see you again and thanks for booking with Sacred Monument Tours!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"amazing experience"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We booked a 2 hour horseback ride through the Valley, as it seemed an appropriate way to go "off the beaten track" in a place like this. The staff was friendly and prepared for us, but our guide wasn't very engaging or informative, actually told one of my sons that he "doesn't like people". He only got animated when telling us which contemporary movies filmed in the valley.

Our enjoyment of the tour was mostly the activity of riding through the valley, whose views speak for themselves, and the horses which are well-trained.

I heartily recommend doing such a tour, but you should ask for a guide who actually wants to engage with the group.

We apologize & hope to see you again. We're glad you enjoyed the breathtaking scenery on our tour.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My wife, two daughters and I rode out with Lionel on a 3hr afternoon horseback tour. I was the greenhorn in our gang only having about two hours of saddle time prior. Lionel had me ride Monte and he was such a great horse, that I wish I could have ridden him all the way back to Virginia. My wife and daughters had good mounts as well and we all had a great time. If we find ourselves in Monument Valley again, I would book and evening tour with these folks.

Thank D.L. J

Monty is great & everyone's favorite! Thanks for your score, & review, hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

So, we booked our 3-hour tour 1 months ahead, sent at least 5 e-mails because we never received the invoice, called 2 days before to confirm. When we called they said that they could pick us up directly at The View hotel. We were 10 minutes early in the lobby and waited for more than 1 hour!!! We called to ask where our tour guide was after 20 minutes and they said they would contact him. He NEVER showed up! We called again to cancel because we were completely fed up, but they never picked up our calls again. And never even sent an email back.
It is unacceptable and we ended up going on a tour at The View hotel directly.

We're very sorry, we've improved so much the past few months. We hope to meet & guide you so your next trip will be memorable in a positive way.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My friend and I had read that you could do horse riding tours in Monument Valley, so once we got to park (you pay $20 to get in), we went in search for horse tour information at the visitor's centre. They told us that the tours are run separately and you can find them out in the car park area.
We found a little stall for Sacred Monument Tours, and there with two men who gave us all the information about the tours. They do jeep tours and photography tours also.
You can pick a horse tour length: 1 hour = $70 per person; 2 hours = $98 per person; and 3 hours = $125. We went with the 1 hour option simply due to having not much time on our hands.
The horse stables were located about 1 minutes drive down a dirt road (still within the park). We parked our car there.
It was just my friend and I on the tour with the guide. Our guide was so nice, and seeing as we had never ridden a horse before, he talked us through what to do and went very slow. Our horses were very gentle, slow and quiet which was nice.
For one hour, we followed behind our guide around a little loop trail near the West Mitten. He would kindly stop and tie his horse up in order to take photos for us. He took about fifty for us and on all different angles - a very good photographer!
He also took time to explain where movies were filmed and a bit about the land itself which was very interesting.
The hour went by so quickly, so I would suggest doing the three hour one if you have time. It's a truly unique and special experience getting to ride horses in such an incredible environment and with such a knowledgeable guide. It was one of our favourite moments of my friend and I's trip to the States, and we are looking forward to doing it again someday in the future.

Your review contains great details, we're glad you remember & had a memorable experience. Hope to see you again!