“Don't Stay Here!!!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Heber City B&B and Inns
Beautiful Wisconsin
“Don't Stay Here!!!”
Reviewed 18 November 2009

We hope to never have another experience like this one! We booked a room at this National Nine for two nights (used to be a Rodeway Inn). There was no place to hang our clothes in our room, so we had to lay them over a broken chair. We had a hard time sleeping because the water heater kept banging all night. The wiring connecting the TV to VCR was rather unusual, to say the least. Next AM, we asked to change rooms so we could hang our clothes -- went to several other rooms and the wardrobes smelled so bad of mold & mildew, we couldn't use them - not clean. The carpeting on the stairs to the 2nd level is ripped and hazardous with rusty metal showing through. Soap, shampoo, tissue, etc. were not good quality (all from India). Paid a lot, told the mgr it was only worth $30 -- he thought he could charge a lot because of area - Not! Finally got a refund for 2nd nite - stayed down the street at the lovely Alpine Lodge for $10 more. Do the same and save yourself some grief.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Railfans
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Alberta
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I booked rooms here in August for when I'd be attending the Heber City Cowboy Poetry Gathering & Buckaroo Fair which occurs in November.
When I got to HC, I went to the Rodeway and attempted to check in. I had my Expedia confirmation CLEARLY indicating what nights I was booked for. Well, the desk clerk could not find my reservation at first. She was very annoyed with other guests - especially one that dared to come to the office & ask for a paper plate. Anyway, when she finally found my reservation, she had the wrong dates. I attempted to show her my Expedia confirmation and she would NOT even look at it. She said I was wrong and too bad, but the dates I had didn't match there records so I was out of luck. Seriously!
I tried several times to get her to look at my confirmation but she refused and would not even consider finding a solution. So I ended up telling her to cancel the reservation and I went to the Holiday Inn where I was lucky to get a room.
So I didn't actually stay here but based on the clerks rudeness and attitude, I would not ever stay at this hotel. And probably not any Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
15.0 km away
The Chateaux Deer Valley
The Chateaux Deer Valley
#6 of 60 in Park City

Been to M Star Hotel Heber City? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK