I made a reservation there because the location was perfect on our itinary from scenic 95 to Goblin State Park and Capitol Reef National Park. I wasn't expecting much. But what a nice surprise we had. The motel looks good, the room was very nice and very clean. It was quiet. The price was good also. The free continental breakfast is taken in the restaurant next door. A very complete continental breakfast (much better than many other breakfast we had in other motels, even chain motels). The only thing to complain, we weren't greeted with a smile at our arrival, it was plain and serious... maybe the lady had a bad day, that happens.
NB: If you plan to visit Capitol Reef from east going west, do not stay in Torrey, stay around Hanksville, you will enter Capitol Reef from a nice perspective and won't have to go back again on the same route you came from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hanksville motel gives you a great central location in the grand circle of southern Utah's national parks; this is why Whispering Sands Motel is premium Hanksville lodging. Enjoy the Satellite TV, wireless internet, air conditioning, and clean/comfy rooms that do include Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Whispering Sands Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Sands Hotel Hanksville
- Whispering Sands Hanksville