“Surprisingly Good”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Guadalahonkys Drive
Description: Guadalahonkys Mexican Restaurant has been rollin’ burritos since 1988! As one of Draper's first restuarants we are excited to be celebrating our 25th anniversary this year! We offer a wide variety of Mexican favorites as well as American cuisine. Our menu is available on our website. Also, check-out our Facebook and Twitter pages for specials and events!
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Being from Texas and knowing good Mexican food from not so good, I was a tad skeptical when our daughter, who lives in Utah, wanted us to try this place. We did, but I wasn't expecting much. Man, was I surprised on the positive side. We arrived early, around 5:00pm to a fairly empty restaurant at the time and were seated promptly...of course. Our wait person was friendly and answered my questions patiently. We even joked about me thinking I saw a $1 draft beer special. She said "not here"! . True. My Chili Colorado Sauce and Chili Verde enchiladas were excellent! One spicy, one not so spicy, but both full of very tasty pork. Everyone else in our party also enjoyed their meals and ate most if not all which is not so easy to do as portion sizes lean to the large side.

I have seen the reviews here, but have to say that our visit was very positive in terms of both service and food quality and taste. I did wonder why the restaurant was not fuller even when we left, but it was a Thursday evening and somewhat early. But, if you have not tried this place based on reviews here, do give it a try and see for yourself. This is one Texan that will be back.

Kaitlan H, Owner at Guadalahonky's, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this generous review, we really appreciate it! We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and our food! Come back next time you're visiting!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Donkey Tails Cantina...
Met a friend here...the bar is ok,,only tall stools are at the bar, would have been nice for the tables and chairs to be tall also. So atmosphere was just ok..small area...it was raining so no patio seating outdoors. A live band played, kinda loud if wanted to conversate...was a weeknight, didn't even know they had live loud music....
The bartender was GREAT!!!! Any empty drink was immediately refilled!! Ordered chicken nachos, they let us pick what we wanted on them, they were pretty good... the tortilla chips sitting in the baskets in the bar area tasted stale...
Overall experience was good,,,but want more ambience and better quality food.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I ordered my favorite Mexican dish, a chili verde smothered burrito and it was better than most establishments serve. Not as spicy as I would like but the sauce had a nice flavor and the pork was tender. A bit rundown (rustic) and the service was friendly and prompt.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

This restaurant had a liquor license, which is valuable in Utah. They have a really nice outside lounge area with gas fireplaces and nice atmosphere aside from the busy road that is only a few yards from the patio. We had beef burritos that tasted ok but within a couple of hours me and my friend were sick as dogs- it lasted two days. If you eat out often enough, food poisoning will happen sooner or later. Only twice in my 50 years on this earth- so I can't complain too much. I met the owner, who was a really nice older gentleman. He runs a nice establishment, but the food we had was a poor. That was the second time we had been and most of the food on our first visit was forgettable as well. Head across the street to Las Gloria's or Cafe Rio for much better food. If it's just a strong beverage you want, Guadalahonkey's will do.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Service is terrible. The servers had bad attitudes. Customer service?? What is that? Food quantity was good, quality was bad. The food here is not authentic, more like out of a freezer bag. I asked to have vegetables put on the side, the server responded, sorry can't do that. Asked for chips without seasoning, for dietary reasons, same answer, sorry can't do that. I do not recommend this place at all, and I personally will never be back.