“A Jaw Dropper”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannonville
Cannonville - Bryce Valley KOA
Reviewed 24 July 2016

First off, when I booked this place to take two of my kids "camping" I had no idea it was so far from Vegas. Not thousands of miles, but pretty far if you are just going for two nights and not exploring Bryce (we were going to just hang out at the site and explore.) My kids are too young to hike the canyons. After 30 minutes of walking through gorgeous terrain, the "can we go back now?" or "I'm tired" would start. So instead of experiencing what others have traveled thousands of miles to see, we stay near and around our cabin. With a bathroom. Don't judge.

This is not cheap camping by the way. I probably paid 10 times what the people in a tent next to me paid. But it was worth every cent.

When we arrived after our 4 hour drive from Vegas, I knew I made the right decision to drive further into Utah. We drove by another KOA on the way. One that was much closer to Vegas. But from what I saw as I passed it going 85 mph, it was not nearly as exciting as this place. It was practically on the freeway. I am glad I chose Bryce area for sure.

It was fun to drive through small towns en route to this place. It is fun to see tractors driving down main street at 2pm. You do not normally see that in Los Angeles or Las Vegas!

The 30 minute drive before you reach this KOA is obviously breathtaking. When you arrive, the same. Get your camera ready.

Check in was smooth. We arrived right at 3pm and were escorted to our "Deluxe Camping Cabin #7". I was shocked at what I saw. Our tiny cabin sat almost directly under these gorgeous mountains (Canyons). The views were absolutely spectacular in almost every direction. Just wow.

Views from the site: Jaw dropping. I actually saw a family drive in, get out of their car and practically jump up and down for joy when they saw what views they were going to see each day. No joke. Actually jumping up and down while pointing at the wall of red clay and dirt. It was almost like a strange Subaru commercial.

The cabin: There is a posting inside one of the cabinets that show this cabin was built about a year ago. So it must have been place here fairly recently. It was clean, clean, clean when we arrived. Speaking of clean. The entire property seemed very clean. From the really cool stone roads/walkways, to the tent sites that I would see them raking each day for new arrivals. Raking! Our cabin had a mini fridge, coffee maker and a microwave. Also all the towels and linens you would need. For the 3 of us, it was a perfect size. I loved how the boys had a bunk bed tucked away into its own little room where I could shut the door after they fell asleep. If you get this cabin (you should) make sure to bring everything you would if you were tent camping, outside of what I mentioned above to be safe. I did not like how the humongous door key had the cabin number on it. I am sure everyone out camping in the middle of nowhere are honest "I don't steal" type people. But just in case...

Pool: Small. This is the only area I felt was a bit "dirty". It was never "packed" but the area is so small, with just a few people there it seemed packed. And the water was always murky. Yuck. I saw them cleaning and scrubbing the area in the morning. I saw the guy dump tons of chlorine into the pool. But by noon, it still looked super murky. But we enjoyed using it.

They have a tiny park for younger kids. I beat my kids badly in tether ball. The pancake breakfast looked great but we did not partake.

Since we were not leaving the property at all, we did a lot of exploring around the area. Hiking up into the canyon a bit there is lots to explore. Really cool pathways and corridors to walk through right behind our cabin. Red mud and sand everywhere. Cool stuff. Saw a lot of tracks. Big ones, small ones. One possibly was from Big Foot. At least that is what I told my kids.

I am not a KOA pro, but one thing I noticed (maybe this is the same everywhere) is that 80% of the campers here were not from the USA. I got the feeling that they were on the Great American Road Trip. Probably spent a lot of time on Route 66, trying to get a taste of the good 'ol US of A. I felt like they were looking at me and my boys and thinking, "wow, a real live American!" I was waiting for them to ask to take a picture. Anyways, the people staying here are not novice campers. These people are pro's. I saw some camp set ups that were incredible. These people at this location were serious about camping. I dug it.

Obviously most of the people staying here are here to hike and explore. It seemed like we almost had the place to ourselves during the day while all the other campers left for the day. Around 5pm they would begin coming back and the smells of food cooked over fire would begin.

We had our AC on most the time so outside noise was not a problem. But at 10pm, when I was outside looking up at the stars, it was very peaceful with barely any noise. Sometimes you get courteous neighbors, sometimes you don't.

It was hot during the day and cold at night. We had a really cool thunderstorm roll through early one afternoon. It lasted about an hour. The rain on the roof sounded amazing. The air got cold, but after it moved out, it got really hot really quick. Not Vegas hot, but hot.

If it was not such a long drive, I would come back again soon. Great time had. We will be back for sure.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Baronent

Reviewed 24 July 2016

I liked this KOA a lot. It's about 12 miles south of Bryce Canyon National Park and the drive there is wonderful on its own. Our spot was located right by (the not very busy) street so we had a great view of the surrounding mountains. The pool was great, facilities were all in order. I totally loved their outdoor kitchen. Have a meal with a fantastic view, too! The only downer (yet, normal and understandable but it might be a problem for some) is that I didn't have cell phone reception and the wifi only works reliably near the office. However, the area is really lovely so you shouldn't need internet ;). We took our bikes and explored the village a bit. The Cannonville cemetery is within biking distance and we went there and liked it a lot, too.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Aeneken
Reviewed 14 July 2016

They are just off the highway. The campground is not far from the attractions in the area. They are a short drive to Bryce Canyon. They have a camp store, as most KOAs do. They offer an ice cream social on Saturday night. They also offer breakfast every morning. The bathrooms are clean. The staff is helpful and friendly. The RV spots are close together, but it wasn't too bad. The section we were in didn't have a lot of trees. They do have cabins, tent sites, and RV sites. They have washer and dryers. At the bath house they had a refrigerator, stove, and sink for people in tent sites. It's a good choice for any camping style.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Our family of four arrived early at 1 pm and weren't able to check in until 3 which was fine as we could do some exploring of the area. Our cabin was spacious with a queen bed and separate room with bunk beds and linens provided. A stocked kitchenette...you bring the food. The private cabin was immaculate with spectacular views of the cliffs.
Pancake breakfast is offered for a small fee which is worth it.
The only downside is the pool is quite small and closes at 8 pm...it's a KOA thing.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We stayed here in May 2016 for three nights and wish we would have stayed longer. The grounds are gorgeous and clean and tidy. The cabin was a delight, comfortable bed, very clean, bathroom was full sized with full sized shower and tub. A/C worked great at keeping the cabin comfortable.

My favourite part of this was the deck. It's a composite decking material which feels so nice under bare feet after a long day. The deck was quite deep, enough that we could sit in our own camping chairs and rest our feet up on the chairs that were there and sit and watch the stars come out over the cliffs.

The hosts were accommodating and helpful, can't complain about that!

The pool was well maintained and a comfortable temperature.

All in all, it was one of the best places we stayed on our two week trip around Utah.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannonville
14.7 km away
6.4 km away
Bryce Pioneer Village
7.1 km away
Bryce Canyon Country Cabins

Been to Cannonville - Bryce Valley KOA? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK