“Best sushi in town”

Sakura Sushi Bar
Ranked #133 of 256 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

This is the real deal. It's pricey compared to the other sushi places in town, but the quality is much better. They know sushi.

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 22 March 2016

My wife and I stumbled across this place four years ago and we make the 60 mile trip several times a year to enjoy wonderful sushi. Our favorites include the Ahi Tower, Wasabi roll, Firecracker roll, Hibiscus roll, Lady Bug and Sexy rolls. There is a grand piano in this small setting and local artists perform regularly. One block east of Sikes Center Mall. Don't miss this opportunity to enjoy a great sushi meal. Beer, wine and sake are there alcoholic drinks.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Spicy edame was great. Sushi rolls (ladybug & tuna) were delish. Presentation was beautiful. Also had spicy chicken teriyaki. It too was delish. Both male servers were great but the female server was kind of rude and not polite at all. Overall great sushi.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 1 February 2016 via mobile

I found this wonderful tiny little sushi bar seven or eight years ago- an amazing find. I've been telling people for years that some of the best sushi in Texas is in a most surprising location - Wichita Falls. It's been several years since I have visited and the place has since expanded from super- tiny to tiny. I suspect the piano bar and outdoor seating makes it a bit more fun for an extended evening outing. The spider roll is still extraordinary. The spicy tuna roll was perfectly done; I have to brag on the quality and firmness of the tuna. The presentation is also lovely. After I had finished my meal, someone sent out a three piece sampler of the ladybug roll to try. Another extraordinary masterpiece! The service is not fast, but I would not want to rush the experience. Lack of speed does not equal inattentiveness. ( If someone needs a super fast sushi roll at lunch, I would suggest one of the ready made rolls at the supermarket. Some of the reviews mentioned the speed of service. This is worth the wait. For all I know they may pick up the pace at lunch in consideration of the schedule. I was here for dinner.) When I asked about the woman who was the sushi chef some years back, the gentleman at the register smiled and said that was his mother. I'm glad that the standards of excellence remain through the transformation/ expansion of this wonderful place. It was great eight years ago; it remains great, and I will continue to brag on this find to anyone who likes sushi!

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank TexasMedusa
Reviewed 8 January 2016

I love this place. Literally a hole in the wall sized place, but the food is great. Service is okay. They offer live music, but depending on who the person is playing can be really annoying some nights. Regardless the food is great...and afterall...that is what trumps everything!!!

Date of visit: December 2015