“Takes me right back to Germany ”

Opa's Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #16 of 256 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 14
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I lived in Bavaria for four years, so we were super excited to try out a local German place. And from the moment we walked in it took us right back there.

The restaurant is super cozy and features a lot of wood, just like in Germany. The menu has great classics with all the sides and easy American choices for the kids. Like the Germans, they don’t skimp on portions. We each had a schnitzel plate and they were both amazing with excellent spaetzle and salad / sauerkraut. While the desserts looked awesome, they have to wait till next time as we were so stuffed.

We will absolutely return and bring friends / family.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 5 September 2018

I’m not sure how to judge German food. What I had there was good and I had no problem eating it. I took a German friend there to eat. He helped me order and described the food on the menu. He told me after the meal that if we had eaten that food in Germany it would be a very good meal. He was impressed.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Just visiting and was told about a enormous pretzel I had to try. It was pretty awesome. I've eaten in Germany and I can't say I've seen pretzels this big...when in Texas right? I also had the french onion soup which was so good. The pretzel cheeses and mustard was also good.

They seemed to be short staffed and it took a bit to get our check, however they do offer military discount which we are always grateful for.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

We ate schnitzel, rotkraut, pan fried potatoes and kaespaetzle (which is creamy cheesy noodles). All was well seasoned and delicious. We have eaten a lot of German food over the years, and this restaurant serves it at its best! Chef knows his German dishes! Service was excellent.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Had never eaten at a German restaurant before. It looked cool, so we decided to try it for lunch. First disappoint was there was no lunch menu. Thus, everything was overpriced. I had the Schnitzel sandwich, which I thought was decent for what it cost ($10). It had somewhat of a strange atmosphere, but the server and owner were nice.