Lillian Farms Country Estate
US$ 64
Navasota Inn(Navasota)
US$ 66
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Navasota(Navasota)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 62
  • Breakfast included
US$ 80
US$ 78
Best Western Inn of Brenham(Brenham)(Great Value!)
US$ 129
US$ 103
US$ 58
US$ 55
Travelocity
All reviewsthe main househot tubsouthern bellemagnolia roomsouthern comfortwild flowersthe penthouseliving roomchappell hillbreakfast was deliciousgirls weekendeach morninggreat weekendone night staybrenham areapropertytexas
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

What a beautiful place!! I took my 2 daughters to Lillian Farms for a little family getaway. Our cottage( the southern belle) was the perfect size and very beautiful. We enjoyed getting to know all of the animals on the property. The property it so beautiful and the staff was wonderful always there when we needed anything! Thank you Michelle and Barbara for a wonderful getaway with my girls!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2016

We stayed at Lillian Farms while shopping and experiencing RoundTop this year. Barbara and her staff, Michelle and Tyler are fantastic. Our accommodations were very nice and their hospitality outstanding!! I highly recommend staying at Lillian Farms for a getaway. Beautiful place and you will be made to feel at home!!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We came to the area from Portland to attend the semi-annual Roundtop antique fair. We went onto the chamber of commerce web site and posted our interest in a room for a few nights during that time. Michelle from Lillian Farms responded quickly. The price was very reasonable give that places to stay were running out. Michelle kept in touch with us up until our arrival. When we arrived, we were amazed! The property was incredible. Very beautiful and also serene. We stayed in the back at Secretariat, a stable in which part was turned into a suite. It was comfortable, quiet and very enjoyable. If we ever are in the area again, we will certainly be back. Wonderful people and hospitality!!!

Room Tip: They have several cottages to choose from. Great selection!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Lillian Farms, and I do mean pleasure. What an incredible estate. At first I was worried it was a long way from Round Top which was the main focus of our trip, but the drive up to Lillian Farms was beautiful and scenic. The drive up seemed to take no time at all, and we were surrounded by fellow "Round Toppers" at the breakfast table every morning. The owner, Barbara, is a perfect hostess, and her assistant Michelle is amazing. I am so glad we ended up at this incredible bed and breakfast. We oooh'd and awww'd the whole time we were there. The views from the house are spectacular and so is the whole estate. It is enormous and you can look out of the bedroom window and see cattle grazing in the pasture and a huge pond and lots and lots of beautiful acreage. I've never been to such a scenic inn. This is country living at its best. They set a beautiful breakfast table each morning for guests to gather round and share their stories. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it to my friends. This is an incredible getaway that offers wonderful southern hospitality.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Worst vacation ever at Lillian Farms in Brenham, Texas. I understand that it is a cabin in the woods so I looked past the bugs and dirt and gross moldy smell. But at the end of our stay we were charged an extra cleaning fee to get rid of the smell which I was told was my doing. This "cottage" was small and over priced. It says that it sleeps 4 but they charge you $40 per person a night extra after 2 people. I paid $80 a night extra for my 2 kids to sleep in a cramped loft that you can't stand up in. The hot tub was broken and no compensation or apologies were given to me. I found mouse poop in the bottom utensil drawer and under the kitchen sink. The cooking utensils were old and melted and scratched. A broken cabinet door fell and hit me in the head when I tried to open it. I had to buy my own toilet paper and trash bags. We were only left 3 towels for 4 people and the inkeeper seemed annoyed that I asked her to bring out more. There was a sign post marking where the cabin is located on the gravel road leading to the driveway and someone knocked it over while we were there. It wasn't us but the owner believes that we are responsible because it is out in front of the cabin we rented. We were not the only people who drove near this sign during our stay. There was one plate that I ruined and would be willing to pay for but the owner compiled a list of bogus extra charges and then charged it to my credit card without contacting me first. I got an email afterwards saying it had been done. We were there for a wedding and the owner said that if we dispute the charges she will charge the wedding party. So BEWARE. You don't want to have a wedding here because then you may be responsible for all of the accommodations on site while having your wedding. My husband called and tried to reason with the owner who said we were just trying to shirk our responsibilities. I sent her a long email giving her a chance to respond and rectify but she did not. I do not recommend this venue for any event or vacation.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole B
lillianfarms12570, Owner at Lillian Farms Country Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

This guest’s e-mail was received on Monday morning, September 26th. We are in the midst of hosting shoppers and vendors from the largest antiques festival in the state, so responding to this review was going to take a few days in order to craft a proper response. But this guest began posting reviews all over the internet on Monday evening -- less than 24 hours after we received the e-mail. The e-mail was filled with threats and complaints that were never once brought to our attention during their three-night stay, including promises to purchase ads in local papers “warning” people to stay away and never hold weddings at our venue. Since that e-mail, the guest has copied and pasted the same false review in several places online.

The price for this cottage is clearly labeled “double occupancy” on our website, which means the rate is for two guests. There is a charge for additional guests, but again, our website indicates that we do not charge for children under 10 years of age. The majority of B&Bs in the area will charge for additional guests no matter what age. This guest booked online and, based on the reservation, it indicated that four adults would be occupying the cottage. If it had been brought to our attention through a phone call or an e-mail that the children were under 10 years of age, we would have happily refunded that portion of the guest’s payment.

Several days before this guest’s arrival, my innkeeper called to indicate that the hot tub was not operational and asked if this would be an issue. The guest said it was not a problem – that they would use the hot tub if it was working, but it wasn’t any big deal if it wasn’t. During that phone call, if the guest had indicated that the hot tub was important and necessary during their visit, we would have moved them to a different cottage that, at the time of the call, was still available. For the guest to now say that they were unhappy that the hot tub wasn’t working is not an accurate recounting of the facts.

Our cottages are all thoroughly cleaned after each guest, and are deep cleaned several times a year. We are in the country, so we do spray regularly for bugs and keep a vigilant eye out for any indication of rodents. We replace any worn or broken utensils as soon as we can. I apologize for the broken cabinet door above the refrigerator. This is one of those things that we don’t know about until a guest brings it to our attention, and I’m sorry that it happened to this guest. The door has been fixed.

There was no need for this guest to buy toilet paper or trash bags. We stock each accommodation with enough toilet paper and trash bags to last the average guest during their stay. If more is needed, a phone call will immediately bring more supplies directly to the door. Our phone number is on the pre-arrival letter every guest receives, as well as on the front cover of the information binders that are in every room and cottage.

As for the towels, I apologize that there were not enough in the cottage upon arrival. It was an oversight on our part. The guest did call for additional towels shortly after they arrived, and my innkeeper had them there within a few moments. She may have been surprised that there were not enough towels in the cottage, as this isn’t a usual occurrence, but I have never received a complaint about her being “rude and angry” as was indicated in this guest’s e-mail, much less annoyed. She lives on-site and has been an innkeeper for several years. It’s not the first time a guest has called her with a request, and she is well accustomed to answering the phone at all hours and responding to whatever guests need or have questions about.

She did, however, report to me that when she arrived to deliver the towels (around 9:30 pm Thursday night, approximately 20 minutes or so after the guest's arrival), that there were definitely more than four people at the cottage, and several of them were standing in the yard and on the porch drinking. This in itself was not a problem, but it was a bit out of the ordinary, even for a wedding, so she let me know about it.

My housekeeper has been with me for over 10 years, and is very, very good at her job. When she walked in with her assistant on Sunday, she was appalled at the condition of this cottage. There were three empty liquor bottles (two inside and one on the porch) and the cottage reeked of alcohol. The guest said in her e-mail that only one bottle was left behind. There was a plastic liner (we have no idea where that came from – it wasn’t something of ours) in the trash filled with vomit. The plate the guest said she would “gladly take responsibility for and pay for” was in the bottom of a trash bag. The only reason it was found was because the bag broke and it fell out as one of the housekeepers was moving it. The guest also claimed that the cottage smelled when they arrived and she was afraid to say anything when they left because they would be blamed for it. My innkeeper was at the cottage less than a half hour after the guest arrived, and nothing was said to her at that time – certainly the guest could not have thought they would be blamed for an odor minutes after their arrival.

The sign that was broken off at the base was found lying in the culvert at the end of the private drive leading to the cottage. The guest says they didn’t do it and inferred that another guest on that side of the property must have done it. The guest never bothered to report it to us and let us know they found it that way. She claimed they didn’t have time, but a phone call to let us know would have taken just a minute. The way that the sign was broken and the tire tracks in the grass indicate it was done as a vehicle was turning into the private cottage drive. Whether this was the guest or one of their visitors is unknown. If it had been done by someone driving down the road in front of the cottages, they would have hit the culvert and damaged not only the sign, but their car as well. At the very least, they would have been stuck in the culvert.

The curtain and curtain rod covering the sliding glass doors at the back of the cottage were on the floor and when the housekeeper picked it up to put it back up, she realized the rod and bracket had been torn completely out of the wall and had damaged the wall and sheetrock. We will have to replaster as well as replace the bracket with molly bolts to anchor it to the wall. The guest claims that neither they nor anyone who visited the cottage did this.

Our head housekeeper and her assistant spent almost two hours cleaning this cottage. This is definitely more than the norm, especially for two excellent housekeepers.
Lillian Farms has been in business for 16 years. We have hosted 150+ weddings here and numerous other large events. We are often completely booked due to the popularity of the area as a tourist destination and the numerous festivals that are held throughout the year. Over the course of all of those events and hosting thousands of guests each year, this is only the third time I have had to charge a guest for damages, and the first time the guest has not taken responsibility for their actions or the actions of whoever visited them in the cottage. It is surprising to us that a guest would not respect a space where they are a visitor, and would deny any culpability and try to hide (or at the very least simply walk away) from what’s been done, particularly when there is photographic evidence of the damage.