See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I was very, very displeased with my recent stay at Motel 6 Waco South #1198 from 6/9/17-6/11/17. Upon checking in, I was told there were no clean rooms available, due to the staff being late to work from the weather. I did not run into any bad weather while heading or coming into Waco, but I did manage to get a room upstairs.

Upon entering the bent and warp side glass door, and going upstairs is were the displeasement started. The stairs and the landing looked like it has not vacuum or swept in the past several years and walls were dirty with yellow and red spots on them.

After entering the room, all you could smell is some type of bug spray and you could see some dead bugs on the floor. After lying on the bed is where it really got bad, there is a hole in the floor just below the baseboard next to the a/c unit and bugs were steadily coming in and as well as on the side of the a/c unit which had a 1'4" gap between the a/c and wall. Immediately went to the office and requesting another room. Your customer service tried to put me in another room on the second floor which I declined and ask for an outside room downstairs.

Moved into a downstairs room and my first observations of the room was something else. Why does a non smoking room have an ash tray on the end table that is lying upside down with a non smoking decal on it.? Why does a non smoking room have cigarette burns on the bedspread? Why does a non smoking room have cigarette burns on the floor? Most king rooms, anywhere else has a mini refrigerator, microwave, blow dryer, ironing board and iron in it....not this place.

On Saturday, when housekeeping arrived, I told her all I needed was towels. Her response, was this is not one of my rooms. It appeared that is only doing every other room, while another housekeeper does the rest. So, I decided to get some lunch. On the return, my bed was made and got fresh towels, but my wood floor did not get swept at all or the trash get taken out. Later that evening I decided to go out for a bit, upon returning back, there is a large clear trash bag completely full lying by my door and it smells and my key would not work. Go to the office to get key redone and ask about getting trash pickup. Trash layed there all night and was still there this morning upon departure. During the night, I listen to kids running up and down the hallway upstairs and room doors slamming close. Contacted front desk to see if they can get the kids to stopping running. Don't guess nothing got done about that, had to listen to them until around 2 this morning.

I think that about covers it on the rooms, but I am not through quite just yet. On one of the trips to and from the office. I could not believe all the trash and cigarette butts lying everywhere in the grass, under a tree and in between outside room steps. Other hotel/motels has a grounds personnel picking this crap up, to let this happen and stay there makes this hotel/motel look like a dump. Also, this is the first place I have been to, that charges for you to get on the internet. All other hotel/motel there is no charge to get on the internet or wifi.

Needless to say Motel 6 does not have to leave the light on anymore, as I will not stay at another Motel 6 location. I will be glad to pay a little extra to get better rooms, internet, continental breakfast and better looking grounds, when I am in the Waco area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank emtcowboy82
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Traffic was awful and I was tired so I pulled into this motel 6. It was great! The night auditor that checked me in was fast friendly and efficient. And at 2am I appreciate that. Especially the fast part! Beds were comfy, shower was hot, & the room was clean! I was very satisfied. I would stay again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Went to a funueral and reserved for two nights but, we left after the first night. Front desk was nice but incompetent, for I waited 30 minutes to check in becuase of the wait. Smell was unbearable and rooms were not clean. Although the floors in room were not carpet and looked cleaned, the areas around the bed were missed. Bathroom had stains that would no wipe off. The fact that a security guard was patroling the hallways at night made for bad nights rest. I will never return and I would rather spend more money on an expensive hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016

The room was typical for Motel 6. Newly remodeled. There is a car lot next to the motel that pushes the rooms toward the back and behind the car lot. For 80+ seniors this felt un-safe but we had no problems.

Room Tip: get a room inside or on the south side
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Had stayed the previous night at Holiday Inn at $240 per night, so hastily moved to Motel 6 at $50 per night. Room was clean as were sheets. Bathroom was clean. Bed cover had cigarette holes in it suggesting that it was not a non-smoking room, but I couldn't smell any stale smoke. Air conditioning unit was neither quiet nor noisy - about average (actually the Holiday Inn A/C was noisier). I had a quiet night's sleep - no complaints on that score. Staff were professional and friendly. Obviously at this price, things are basic, but when you're not spending any time in your room and it is just one stop out of many, who cares?

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo