Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Family friendly zoo

Beautiful Cameron Zoo in Waco Texas, was full of all different types of animals. The Waco zoo is... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
cmassie22
Austin, Texas
Lovely zoo, lots of interactive options.

This is a lovely zoo! Although it was spotty rain while we were there, my daughter loved all the... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Brittany B
via mobile

All reviews perfect size indoor exhibits wide variety of animals animal enclosures natural habitat cameron park great exhibits central texas all ages couple hours spring break great place to visit air conditioned whole family brazos river waco area free parking
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great exhibits, clean zoo, animals were very active, lots of shade, picnic area outside of the entrance, grandkids ages 7,5 and 2 loved it. saw all the exhibits in about 2 1/2 hrs which was great. also could find discounts online

1  Thank cjrice2016
Reviewed 26 March 2018

It was a bit difficult to find the entrance but at 3:00 pm we got an excellent parking spot and received a discount on the admission price due to the hour. The walks are shaded and there are lots of benches to rest upon, which is a major plus if you have visited other zoos. We were impressed with the animal enclosures, daily notes to visitors, and the overall care directed to the animals. At that time of day the animals are alert and active and very vocal.

We were fascinated by the orangutans, one who came up to the glass nose-to-nose with me! The Kamodo Dragon seem to like my friend, but closed her eyes and turned her head at me. We spent a great deal of time watching the lioness and her new cub play--a not to be missed sight. I enjoyed watching the buffaloes graze, hearing the big cats vocalize, and touring the bird exhibit. An unexpected stop was the aquarium, watching the big paddle fish swim open mouthed.

The staff were polite and most accommodating. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

2  Thank Perkypaws
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The zoo was awesome and better than I expected. Being for a city with a world-class zoo, I wasn't sure what to expect. They had many animals - I especially loved the cats and elephants.

1  Thank Staci B
Reviewed 19 March 2018

The zoo was packed that morning to the point no parking was available. So we came back in the afternoon and had a great time walking around seeing the animals. The Two headed snake was a bonus. Neat little zoo.

4  Thank Jedilostinspace
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Not as big as zoos in larger cities, but it was a lot of fun. The highlights were probably the playful gibbons near the entrance and the giraffe feeding platform. We had a great visit!

2  Thank mattjen77