“Greek at it's best”

Xristo's Cafe
Ranked #85 of 442 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Started going to food truck near downtown Waco when first opened so super glad now have cafe too near Baylor.
Everything is wonderful and fresh.
Can order to go also and pick up drive thru.
Great value for dollars spent with this family run food business.
A must try for anyone who loves Greek!

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Friday concert night, the smell of the Gyro meat directed me to it.
I had the beef and lamb with fries. The meat was so tender and great flavor. The fries had great seasoning and freshly made.
We enjoyed the outside seating with the music playing down the street. Great place to hangout.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

This truck is on corner just across from Hilton Waco so was super convenient. We ate here two nights in a row and food was very good! Gyro was hot and flavorful and Greek salad w/ grilled chicken was also very good. Prices are very reasonable and staff super friendly. Good food, great location, go eat here!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

While checking out the suspension bridge we decided to grab a bite. There was a large crowd around this food truck, which usually means good food. After we ordered two gyros and hummus ($22) she said it would be about 10 minutes. 40 minutes later I asked, they said they were working on it right now. At the hour mark I went to ask for my money back, the food was ready right then. The gyros were mediocre, hummus was all salt (and I like a lot of salt) and high priced. I wouldn't waste your time.

Stephanie F, Owner at Xristo's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

I wish I had been available to speak with you personally. Not sure why the day was so bad.

Yes, we had a seriously busy day, the line & our customers were was amazing. We are not a fast food establishment and everything is prepared fresh daily then cooked to order. We do not use salt in our hummus.

Everyone who chooses to wait in our line & eat with us understands, if you wait in a line, you wait for your food as well. This is something beyond our control. If there is a Line in, there is a line out. Our future depends on, "We want everyone to be as happy as they can be!" OPA!

We hope you will consider dining with us again!

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Best Gyros I have ever had. Seriously.
We were in Waco for 3 days. We ate here twice. The location is right across from the conference center and across from the suspension bridge. They have tables set up so that's pretty handy. We also walked to the park and ate near the water one time.

Great food and pleasant service!

Been to Xristo's Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK