All reviews stayed here easy access from highway cooling system cinnamon rolls front desk lady texas panhandle bed and pillows very nice stay hot breakfast wichita falls rooms are large fresh fruit next morning a great place to stay hie countertop microwave
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Great staff and decent hotel. The breakfast was good and the hotel was very clean. I was mostly disappointed with the beds. We have stayed at many HI express locations. Our bed was kind of lumpy, very noisy and it sank in the middle. Bothe beds in our room had issues. Time to replace!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
renee h, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon College Area (Hwy 287), responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Sorry for the problem that you experienced with the mattress and if you stay again please let us know so that we can make you more comfortable.

Thanks Again,
Renee Houston

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express 1 night while traveling. Very nice hotel, friendly staff. Check in was quick and easy. The have express check out. There is a small shop next to the check in counter where you can purchase drinks and snacks. The hotel is modern and up to date. The only reason it does not have 5 stars is the bed. It was ok but not great. The bed squeaked and had a feel of being worn. A more comfortable bed would have made this a 5 star review.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

This was the first motel I used taking two dogs on a very long road trip. The ladies at the desk were very accommodating and helpful. The room was clean and well stocked. Great safe area to walk the dogs. Breakfast was good. Hot was hot and cold was cold. USA paper was provided.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2016

I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn for many years, & never stayed in an Express because each time one was a choice, the cost is much higher than other nearby hotels. However, my sister & I were returning home to Baton Rouge from a family vacation in Colorado, so we needed a place we could feel safe & also get a nice breakfast before heading out the next morning. Hotel was nice, staff friendly, rooms clean & well-kept. Breakfast was a great plus - great choice of full breakfast items & never ran out, even in the last 30 minutes of breakfast. Still wish the prices were a bit lower, but when considering we received 2 free, full breakfasts, the price was right on target with any other hotel. Very glad we stayed here.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Check in was ok,price was average for a 4 night stay.Indoor pool was nice and hot tub(lotta chlorine) in pool?? Nice suite on 2nd floor.Tried using wifi,not very good.Tried to get wired connection and wall plug doesn't work,HBO sound was out and picture was bad.I call desk in morning,tell me they will fix HBO but ethernet should work fine,well turns out it didn't.So they supposedly "fixed" HBO(sound back but still bad picture and have to turn way up to hear)I call front desk later about wifi cutting out all day lady and mgr (Rene) tell me to bring laptop to lobby,I tell them "No,I need it working in my room not the lobby",after going back n forth mgr finally says she will come up to my room.She gets there and is frightened to come in,so i say come in,so she does with other rude lady i guess for protection.I start to talk and she cuts me off and puts her phone in my face saying "See it works",punches a few buttons on my laptop and says "there it works"when clearly its not loading just stuck,she storms out of my room and won't answer questions about ethernet or HBO problems and tells me maintenance will call me.40 min go buy,so i call back and talk to tech guy(very helpful).He comes to my room introduces himself and shakes hands,tells me wall plug doesn't work and moves me to other room next door and is ok.Problem is with mgr,very rude towards me or men,like its ok to act that way,little comments throughout just making things work instead of solving problem,can't believe she is a manager anywhere.Should of been a relaxing stay instead had to deal with this unprofessional manager,thanks to tech guy(think name is Brent) everything got straightened out easily,who is just on call doesn't work there just for them.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Vincent V
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vernon College Area (Hwy 287), responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

Dear Vincent V,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,