“Worst food with fake prices online”

Shang-hai Chinese Restaurant
Get food delivered
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 July 2023

So I have enjoyed crispy duck and rice for a good decade now, in NY and all over Germany. I had a yearning for it again and thought I'll give it a try from here. Online menu says it's only $12.95. Why not? So I ordered over the phone for pick-up and was told it will be 25 minutes. I drive there and go inside. At the counter, the woman tells me, as I hand her my credit card, it'll be $18.35. So I said "whoa, what happened to the $12.95 price?" She tells me someone posted the menu online and she's been trying to get it taken down. I said okay, got my food and left after paying full price.
The duck was way too fatty with some kind of seriously salty sugar sauce on the side. The rice tasted boiled, NOT steamed. And after checking the menu again, THE MENU IS ON THEIR WEBSITE. It is NOT posted by someone else. THEY POSTED IT. If they wanted to change it, it should be zero issue to change to current prices. Fact is, the menu with the wrong price is still there and says prices subject to change.
I will never go there again. I do NOT recommend. I was duped.

Date of visit: July 2023

Reviewed 26 April 2023

My husband and I went a few months ago. I got kung pao chicken and he got sesame chicken I think. Neither of us were impressed. The food was….subpar to put it nicely.
My husband went a few time with friends about ten years ago and he said it was really good back then. Not anymore.

Date of visit: February 2023
1  Thank Kelly B
Reviewed 20 April 2019 via mobile

I had cashew chicken and my wife had sweet and sour chicken. The dinners come with a choice of egg roll or Rangoon; egg drop, wonton, or hot and sour soup; and either white or fried rice. There is enough on the plate to fill you up and still have leftovers. The food is always good and the service is excellent. I think it’s the best Chinese restaurant around.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 19 January 2019

I've been eating at this place since the 90's and it never disappoints me. What ever you order, the food is usually falling off the plate there is so much. The Hot Sour Soup I feel is the best anywhere and you can't beat the service.I usually go for the Chicken Cashew and it is awesome! Kung Pao is good also. I'm usually eating here once or twice a week. I feel what ever dish you order, you will enjoy it!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 16 August 2018

I have rarely given one star. And we don’t expect to get the same quality of food we get “in the big city.” But come on. The food here has become worse than what you can buy in the frozen food section! And this is not a one off experience. My family has been coming here since it opened. It can all be attributed to loss of quality I am sure is connected to saving a few dollars: 1. the rice is a day old or older 2. the cuts of ALL the meat have become super cheap including sad sack seafood 3. the coveted fortune cookies were STALE! Come on people. My niece spent part of her summer job savings to treat the family. They owe her a refund! Service is so so. The chain Chinese fast food in the Forum is better. You know, the one with the bear in its name.

Date of visit: August 2018