“Country Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mel's Country Cafe
Ranked #1 of 139 Restaurants in Tomball
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Country Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Friday night all you can eat catfish is excellent.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Best Chicken Fried Steak in Texas!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Best Chicken Fried Steak in Texas! Can't beat eating at Mel's.

Spring, Texas, United States
“not one bite”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

first visited Mel's diner last sunday with my daughter was delighted best catfish ever. the service was lacking so only tipped 10%. Brought my mom that next friday for their all you can eat catfish. Ordered two plates for self and mom, also,two burgers for my daughters , as usual i gave them a taste of what I was eating, was intially served 3 pieces wanted one more, was told i could not because I gave my daughter a taste of what I was eating. Not shared a plate but a taste. I will never recommend this place, food is lacking and service was horrible. what was suppose to be a night to spend a nice dinner with my family become a biiter after taste.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Pamela D
Tomball, Texas
“Awesome hometown eats!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

Mel's is fantastic, everything from the burgers to the chicken fried steak and the fish on Fridays...WOW! This is great homemade hometown food so, if you are looking for fancy frills and decoration out of a magazine go elsewhere. If you are looking for a great meal at a great price with WAY more than one person could eat...Mel's Country Cafe is your place!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank TheDuknics
“Good, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

It was good but not great, service was slow, they where busy, but seemed under staff, food was ok, though my father had to send back his sides as they were served cold,we ordered a variety meals at our table and onion rings for the app, they were good, but the batter was a bit too heavy and too oily tasting, i prefer a lighter batter for onion rings, cornbread wasn't good at all, house salad was bag salad with only 2 tiny tomatoes, the thing I really didn't like was that they didn't appear to have seperate areas for smoking, I can't stand cigarette smoke, so smelling it through dinner was not ideal, would I come back?? No, it wasn't one those restaurants for me, my father said he would be willing to try it again, but i wouldn't, I was wanting to try the number 1 rated resturant in tomball, I tried it, not a number 1 in my book, it was just ok food wise, kinda like on scale with Denny's for dinner, u can get a dinner meal at Denny's but you don't ever crave one from there, I won't be craving Mel's, many restaurants tomball are serving better food in my opinion

• 3 of 5 bubbles