All reviewsmarket streetboutique hotelpresidential suitebathroom lightthe room service menuwithin walking distancecynthia woodsgirls tripinfinity poolattending a concertmovie theatergreat shoppingstayed for one nightmitchell pavilionfire pita wonderful stayfront desk staff
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Checked in for a five night stay booked by my company. I was immediately disappointed with my doll-sized room. Thankfully it was just me staying with one small suitcase, because two people plus two suitcases could not have fit in this room. The sheets were the scratchiest linens I have seen or felt in my life. The first night I fought to fall asleep due to thin walls and windows. I could hear people talking by the pool, I could hear people talking in the hallway and I could hear the elevator.

After finally falling asleep I was awakened at 5am by the hotel alarm which I had not set. I could not figure out how to turn it off and the provided directions only explained how to set the alarm, therefore I simply unplugged it. Several minutes later the alarm goes off again even though it is unplugged and the screen was blank. There was a small battery compartment on the bottom of the alarm that could not be opened without a screw driver. I called the desk and requested they send someone to pick up the alarm outside of my door.

I had ordered "french toast with warm maple syrup" from room service. I received two pieces of cold, tasteless toast with cold syrup. The only edible item was bacon. My second evening I was determined to get some sleep because I had to get up at 3:30 AM for an offsite meeting at 5 AM. Upon rising at 3:30 I found there was no warm water. I ran the shower for several minutes and still no warm water. When I called the front desk twice they acted like it was a personal problem in which I did not understand how to operate the shower. Several hours later my colleagues without early meetings still could not take a shower. I had had enough at that point and checked out in order to switch hotels. The hotel's apology for those who did remain after the water incident was a small bag of cookies.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RiverOaksReviewer
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

First, please let me very sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I realize the hot water being down for the hour and a half that you needed it was the most aggravating thing you could encounter with a hotel. The other issues you mentioned are also not acceptable and it is my hopes you will stay with us again to truly experience what our guests have been raving about since we opened. Please contact me so we can discuss the opportunity to make things right for you. It is the least I can do and again, my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 25 October 2010

We used the Avia as our host hotel for our wedding. They did a great job at handling everything from making a variety of guests happy to helping host a Sunday breakfast to making the bridal suite something special.

Everyone who stayed loved their rooms. People loved the pool and bar. And we hope to stay with you again soon!

• Stayed: October 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so delighted to read AVIA was the perfect host for your wedding guests as well as the bride. The staff was very happy to make sure everything was perfect and the special day memorable. Thank you for choosing AVIA and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 6 October 2010

We had three rooms at this hotel for my father's 70th Birthday. I travel constantly and was completely wow'ed by the service and the black out shades and amazingly comfortable beds. Each one of us had a great experience, I was very impressed by the waitress in the restaurant during Sunday brunch. She exemplified great service. Wonderful place to stay in the Woodlands! I completely recommend it!

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so happy you found AVIA to have the best rooms for a great night of sleep. It is great that we were able to offer such a great experience for your father's 70th birthday. Thank you for recognizing the staff as they work hard to make sure every guest has a memorable experience and it is always a pleasure to read about times we succeeded. Thank you for recommending to others and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2010

I spent over $1300 dollars on two room for two days for my family who were joining me in A figure competition.I came back to a dirty room at 5pm when I asked to claen my room.They discounted each room $20 for my complaints.But the worst thing of all is what happened to my car.I have a 2009 Benz with a low front bumper and spoiler.When valet pulled up with my car the whole spoiler was damaged from parking on a curve.When I freaked out the valet employees said we only back our cars in, when in fact they have one place they pull in and my car was parked there because i saw it from the 10th floor friday night.They are liars, and the Manager didnt care and basically called me a liar. They refused to pay for the damage and the manager said they did enough for me by taking $20 off each room that cost $239 per night.Beware of this hotel.They dont have room service either.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank IronAngel1
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2010

Dear AVIA Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you felt we did not handle the situation with your parked valet car to your satisfaction. Prior to your departure, we did complete a thorough investigation with the valet company including looking at your vehicle and the area that the car was parked in over the weekend. It was determined that the valet did not cause the damage and therefore you should file a claim with your insurance company. This is the best course of action for you.

We did discount both of your rooms due to housekeeping service being late, as you described, and we are truly sorry for that inconvenience. In addition, we have added breakfast room service since your visit with us.

We regret that you were not satisfied with our services and please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide for you.

Reviewed 20 August 2010

Then stay here. It is a block away and it is spectacular! The staff was incredible. They open the door every time you approach. They have umbrellas to borrow which was a saving grace since it poured on us at the Jack Johnson concert. The rooms, the pool, the ambiance and the decor all awesome. We loved it from the moment we walked in.
The room was luxurious with two opening windows looking out over the Market. There was construction going on but with the windows closed you couldn't tell. Black out curtains and screens to block heat and glare. The bed was so comfortable, the room and bathroom so spacious. There was not one thing we would have changed. We had a little getaway in the middle of the week and the Avia made it so memorable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for the great comments regarding your middle of the week getaway at AVIA. I am so glad we had umbrellas on hand to keep you dry at the concert. It is great that you have a perfect stay and we can't wait to see you again!