All reviews market street boutique hotel presidential suite bathroom light the room service menu within walking distance cynthia woods girls trip infinity pool during happy hour attending a concert movie theater great shopping mitchell pavilion fire pit a wonderful stay front desk staff
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My husband and I decided to have a "staycation" for our anniversary an picked the avia hotel in the woodlands. We were told we could check in earlier than the 4pm checkin time which I thought was a little late. When we arrived at 2 they told us they didn't have our room available but they would give us a call. We received no call and when I called back around 5 I was placed on hold for 5 minutes just to check to see if our room was.
available. Ridiculous! When we arrived the hotel room was nice but the bathroom floor was still wet
from them mopping. The next
morning the called us at 11 to
check out. When I asked for more
time she said she could only give
us 30 mins. I am confused on why check out is so early when check in is so late.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Xyz201
AVIAtheWoodlandsGM, General Manager at Hyatt Centric The Woodlands, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my apology for the miscommunication and inconvenience you encountered when you stayed with us recently.  Unfortunately with only 70 rooms, there are times when we have sell outs on both nights and it becomes difficult to allow guests to check in early or late in order to get the rooms ready properly.  We missed it on several fronts with your stay. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further and to extend a gesture of good will in hopes that you will visit us again in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope we have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

You are immediately greeted by the friendly staff who seem to be very appreciative of your choice of their hotel. The rooms, although not large, are spacious enough with comfort features throughout. Step outside to the Starbucks, park, movie theater and numerous restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for choosing AVIA for your recent stay in The Woodlands. It is great that the location was perfect for your stay and the staff was very friendly. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 30 July 2011

Have stayed in this hotel twice before and we love it!!! There honestly is no other hotel like it to my family and I! We reserved the Lux Patio Suite which was GREAT! Very roomy and great bathroom and balcony overlooking market street. When we arrive there is always a welcoming gift from the hotel. And it is just in the best location. Wecame back that night and went and sat by the pool and just sat because there terrace is very nice, and when we got back there was bottled water and the sofa bed was made for our son. What can I say? This hotel is the best ever!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for being a repeat guest at AVIA. It is so great to read that our customer service, wonderful rooms and location is what sets us apart from other hotels. I thank you for the nice comments and can't wait until you visit again!

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I loved this hotel. Our corporate office is in The Woodlands. The rooms are new and chic and the beds are so fabulous I can't find the words. The bar had a live band and great happy hour drinks. The gym was clean and the machines actually work. I will come back and stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator and facing the pool. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased you had a great stay at AVIA. Thank you for the nice review regarding the beds and bar area. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

This is easily the nicest hotel I've stayed at in some time. Situated in the Woodlands fake old-style main street, it has a stunning round entry way that is modern, elegant and completely themed to remind you that this is the Woodlands.

The service is sensational from start to finish. As you pull up, they make a point of learning your name and radioing it in to the front desk, so by the time you arrive, they have your check-in ready. While you can use the valet parking, there is a free parking garage around the corner about 70 yards away.

The rooms are LARGE. The bathroom is LARGE. The shower (with its own seating area) is probably larger than the entire bathroom in my first apartment. Everything is beautifully appointed in a slightly modern style. There is a most interesting picture-covered window between the bathroom and the main room (which has a full couch and chair seating area and a desk) such that when the bathroom light is on, there is a picture of the woodlands lit into the main area. The clock radio is Ipod ready. The bed head board is a beautiful piece of modern art. There is a portable bed table so you can work on your laptop in the bed. The only thing that seems out of place is that the closet area has a curtain (a very nice curtain that reflects all of the other very nice curtains) that covers it. Some sort of door would have been more appropriate.

The TV is LARGE, and there is an ample supply of movies and cable channels. Also, the internet is free and fast (though for some reason I could not connect to my VPN, but could get into my office network in other ways).

They seem to believe everyone is a chocoholic - and while not true, there certainly could be far worse beliefs. Shortly after arrival, a knock at the door presents you with a fresh strawberry surrounded by several chocolate truffles. Everyday more truffles are left. Somewhere around dinner time, someone comes in, turns down the bed, draws the curtains (but not the room darkening curtains so you can still see out), and prepares the room for you.

The outdoor pool on the 2nd floor, while small is elegant and inviting. It looks like an infinity pool, though I don't think it was. The bar is inviting and comfortable for some after work sports games. The only problem is that it shut down at 10PM

Simply put, it is the best of elegance and service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Pelzigenvater

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you for the great comments regarding the hotel and your recent stay at AVIA The Woodlands. From your comments, it sounds as though the hotel and staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to you staying with us the next time you visit the area.