“Horrible Service and Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Texarkana

Courtyard Texarkana
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Texarkana
Jacksonville, Texas
“Horrible Service and Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Just to inform everyone this is coming from a fourteen year old boy. My mother and I just came down to Texarkana to attend a funeral. We were looking for a decently priced hotel and we came across the Marriott. First off we needed some blankets for our room. They would not bring them to us and told me that I had to pick them up from the front desk around 11:30 at night. Then we get a phone-call from the front desk (Who was very rude) saying that we needed to keep it down. They were getting complaints of "Heavy Foot-steps". We had been sitting on the beds using our computers the entire time. Any time you walk normally on the floor the floor shakes and it makes noise. So we just brushed this off our shoulders not thinking anything about it. It was probably 30 minutes later when this security guard came to the door and demanded we open the door. It was a good thing that the door was latched because he would have busted in on me right when I was getting out of the shower. He said to my mom "Ma'am, you need to open the door. This is Marriott security." We looked through the peep-hole and saw a big man in a jacket that said security. He never showed proof or anything. We opened the door after calling the front desk and verified that she had sent him. He stayed for 15 minutes and advised us that we would need to sign our name and leave next complaint. We were sitting on the beds using our computers! We then called corporate and they told us to call the local police. We did so and the officer talked to us, informing that he couldn't do anything because they weren't breaking the law. He advised us to take it up with corporate. Corporate said that they should have never done this and they were at fault. This made us feel better. This has been an honest review from a 14 year old about this "Hotel".

Room Tip: No rooms are quiet. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank TheGhostCritic44
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Wonderful and good internet service. Love it. Made reservation in the car on their site am hour before arrival and everything went smoothly at check in.

• Stayed July 2011
Shreveport, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

This place was good. Nice staff! Very complicated to get to though. I don't know how many years they have been doin construction over there but it is very frustrating going there for the first time.

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

I've stayed in this property several times over the last 5 years and the place is in desperate need of more attention from Marriott. The couch in my room looked a couch from an old college dorm with ketchup and stains all over it. They ran out of coffee twice within a 2 hour period in the lobby. Hopefully they will be able to improve or replace the old and dirty furniture or I will begin staying in one of the 25 other, newer hotels in Texarkana.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

About two years ago my job made it necessary for me to travel to Texarkana every 2 months or so. I found the Courtyard by Marriott Texarkana on my first visit, and have made it my travel home every since. The staff is extremely friendly; the rooms are just perfect, and EXTREMELY clean. If I have a special request, they alway try to accommodate the request.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business