El Dorado Hotel(Terlingua)
US$ 107
  • Pool
US$ 202
US$ 191
All reviewsrocking chairsback porchfire pitplace to staynational parkjeep tourbig bendother placesice machinefront porchgrilling areariver triproad noisefive nightsliquor storelarge bathroomrio grande
Reviewed 7 July 2017

This was our second trip to the Casitas. This is our favorite place to stay in the Big Bend area. The casitas are arranged around a central courtyards that are beautifully maintained. There is a crushed ice machine, a few grills, as well as picnic tables if you or your traveling group want to cook out. There are rocking chairs and tables on the porches. The rooms have wood floors, two queen beds, a kitchenette with a sink, microwave, plates and silverware, grill tools, and whatever other items you might need. The bathroom is large with a small sink area and large shower and plenty of room to move around. There are even handicap accessible units. They have a journal where quests can write comments and leave tips about where to go and what to see which is a wonderful idea. Everyone who works here is very friendly. There are no staff working at night but they give you a number to call in case a need arises. The maid staff clean daily and replace towels as well as do and put away any dishes you may have dirtied. There is a fire circle surrounded by adirondack chairs for night. Great place for families, big groups or couples. I hesitated to give such a great review because then it will be harder for me to get a casita next time! :) But they deserve a great one. Only thing that would make this place better is a pool.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Stayed 3 nights at the Casitas in Late June. Cabins are clean, comfy, and have cold a/c, which you def want after a summer day in Big Bend . Outdoor grills, fire pits all on site Also a cute little coffee shop . Really couldn't ask for more, could go other places and spend more but there would be absolutely no reason! Try Rio Bravo next door awesome Mexican food.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ctpruitt
Reviewed 27 June 2017

My family traveled from Austin to Big Bend for a Astrophotography class and I discovered this place on accident. Best Accident ever! These little casitas are big on comfort and views!

We got a 2 queen sized bed casita (#10) for my self, my wife and my in laws. It was the perfect size for the 4 of us. It had a small kitchette, a nice sized bathroom and a porch looking south onto the expanse of the wilderness. Incredible place to spend your evenings star watching.. Sooooo many stars!

My wife and In-laws did a kayak trip while I was at class and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the guides and the trip down the Rio Grande.

Far Flung is a short drive from the Western Entrance into the park and perfectly located to get groceries and places to eat in the area.

Even though the county water pump was broken they still managed to make sure we had enough water to cover all our basics, including showers. We can't say anything bad about our stay here. Don't go anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ColoradoHavens
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

These cabins are great! They have a kitchen with all you need to use the outside grill and stove to make your meals. The AC works great, as it was over 100 degrees every day. There is also I nice deck to relax on in the evening! I highly recommend these accommodations when visiting Big Bend National Park.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cary W
Reviewed 3 June 2017

These little cabins are great. They look like they are brand new, although I understand the one we stayed in was 6 years old. The room is very spacious with plenty of space and a nice ceiling fan. There were front and back porches to sit on. Super clean. Even though it is just off the main road, it was very quiet at night. I was especially impressed with the beautiful desert plant landscaping all around the compound. We stayed a few nights here and really enjoyed it. Its not a long drive from here to get to the national park. It is especially convenient if you are doing a tour with one of the local outfitters.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family