All reviews rocking chairs back porch fire pit place to stay national park big bend canoe trip other places ice machine front porch road noise kitchenette with microwave liquor store place is great two queen beds rio grande road scholar
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Stayed 3 nights at the Casitas in Late June. Cabins are clean, comfy, and have cold a/c, which you def want after a summer day in Big Bend . Outdoor grills, fire pits all on site Also a cute little coffee shop . Really couldn't ask for more, could go other places and spend more but there would be absolutely no reason! Try Rio Bravo next door awesome Mexican food.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank ctpruitt
Reviewed 27 June 2017

My family traveled from Austin to Big Bend for a Astrophotography class and I discovered this place on accident. Best Accident ever! These little casitas are big on comfort and views!

We got a 2 queen sized bed casita (#10) for my self, my wife and my in laws. It was the perfect size for the 4 of us. It had a small kitchette, a nice sized bathroom and a porch looking south onto the expanse of the wilderness. Incredible place to spend your evenings star watching.. Sooooo many stars!

My wife and In-laws did a kayak trip while I was at class and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the guides and the trip down the Rio Grande.

Far Flung is a short drive from the Western Entrance into the park and perfectly located to get groceries and places to eat in the area.

Even though the county water pump was broken they still managed to make sure we had enough water to cover all our basics, including showers. We can't say anything bad about our stay here. Don't go anywhere else!

Date of stay: June 2017
1  Thank ColoradoHavens
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

These cabins are great! They have a kitchen with all you need to use the outside grill and stove to make your meals. The AC works great, as it was over 100 degrees every day. There is also I nice deck to relax on in the evening! I highly recommend these accommodations when visiting Big Bend National Park.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Cary W
Reviewed 3 June 2017

These little cabins are great. They look like they are brand new, although I understand the one we stayed in was 6 years old. The room is very spacious with plenty of space and a nice ceiling fan. There were front and back porches to sit on. Super clean. Even though it is just off the main road, it was very quiet at night. I was especially impressed with the beautiful desert plant landscaping all around the compound. We stayed a few nights here and really enjoyed it. Its not a long drive from here to get to the national park. It is especially convenient if you are doing a tour with one of the local outfitters.

Date of stay: April 2017
2  Thank Maryland1traveler
Reviewed 2 June 2017

I visited the Big Bend region and went on a kayaking trip with Far Flung. I had the best time and would highly recommend this business! Our guide, Austin, was so fun and enthusiastic and our kayaking trip was smooth, cool and beautiful. The Big Bend region is so beautiful and is a must see for West Texas!

Date of stay: May 2017