All reviews rocking chairs back porch fire pit place to stay national park jeep tour big bend other places ice machine grilling area front porch river trip road noise liquor store large bathroom rio grande place is great
Reviewed 4 May 2016

When I was looking for tours in the Big Bend area, I noticed that people kept mentioning the casitas in their reviews of Far Flung. I'm submitting this as a review of a hotel to help more people find this fantastic place. The location is perfect for visiting the national and state parks, and it's close to many good restaurants in the Terlingua "ghost town." The casitas are comfortable with lots of outdoor space for star gazing, grilling, and just rocking on the porch with a good book. Best of all and the service is outstanding. We were in a difficult position when we blew out a tire in the park and had to wait three days for a replacement in Alpine. The staff at Far Flung worked to get us into our casita early and to find a tour for the next day so our time in the area wasn't wasted. This was my first trip to Big Bend since I was a kid, and we stayed four different places to figure out which was the best option. This is the one I'll be returning to!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2016

I have to say the Casitas were by far the best place I stayed on my entire trip! I am not sure what tree it is between the units but the smell in wonderful! It is very close to the Big Bend entrance and there is a little Mexican place right next door that is great if you don't want to go into Terlingua itself.

Room Tip: Any of the Casitas are great! I was very surprised at how nice they were. You will be too.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob T
Reviewed 1 May 2016

There is plenty of room to be comfortable. Spotlessly clean. Quiet. Good WiFi and TV. Great location for access to the national park. Everything that is represented on their site is true. Very high value. Friendly folks.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2016

The rooms very very nicely done and brand new. They were stylish and each room had a private balcony. This was the only place that had a TV and it was a nice flat screen; if that matters to you. They had a small refrigerator and had glasses and wine opener; etc. They also line up 4 wheeling trips since they are an outdoor center. We didn`t do the 4 wheelers since it was rather pricey. They also had a fine fire pit right near our room and nobody was there at the fire pit except my friend and I. I`d highly suggest staying here. You are about 5 minutes from the best restaurants in Terllingua but there is a Mexican Restaurant next door. We went in too late one evening and they were just cleaning up. They were very nice and agreed to open it up just to feed us but we did not want to inconvenience them.

Room Tip: For two people ask for the room overlooking the burn pit; which is great in the evenings.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here while we visited Big Bend National Park. What a great place. It is about the size of a hotel room but it feels really spacious. The Casita was clean,comfortable, & adorably furnished. The porch was absolutely perfect after long hikes in the park! Terlingua nights are cool & stargazing was breathtaking. The morning coffee was delicious (and we are coffee snobs!). We are already planning a return visit.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple