“Tasty Burger and Soup on a Cold Day, Yum”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 174 Restaurants in Temple
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was freezing outside and I was hungry for a burger so I decided to give The Longhorn Steakhouse a try at lunch time.

I ordered a one third pound cheeseburger cooked medium and that is exactly what I received. The meat was juicy and served on a tasty bun with fresh vegetables. This lunch special comes with choice of soup or salad rather than fries. Soup sounded comforting to me since the temperature was about 30.

I decided on the potato soup rather than French onion. It was delicious! The flavor was good and there were chunks of potato to make it more substantial. It was topped with some grated cheese, bacon bits and scallions. Perfect presentation!

The waitress was friendly and served the food quickly with a smile. Thank you very much.

My only complaint is that the restaurant could have been warmer. I took my jacket off for the meal but had to put it back on because I was too cold.

Overall it was a good meal and I will return.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Basic good food with less than good service. I suspect the wait staff has too many people to serve at one time. Long waits between waiter visits and main courses arriving a minute after appetizers. Disappointing in spite of really delicious salad with tender slices and perfectly cooked steaks. The chef and kitchen have it together; house management not so much.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We ate here about six times so far in the last year. Every time the wait staff and management have been friendly and concerned that we were satisfied with our meal. The food was very good. Steaks cooked perfectly. I had the chopped steak for lunch the other day and it was delicious. What a difference between our visit here and the horrible experience at Cheeves Steakhouse im downtown Temple.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My family and I have been here a couple of times and we really like it. The food is always good and they have a wide variety of menu items - much more than just steak. I had the bacon-wrapped shrimp and it was fantastic!
I'm always pleased with the choices on the menu, and everything always tastes as good as it sounded. I especially like the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. But really, everything I've had is good.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stopped in while on personal business in Temple. It was raining and a weekday so it was not at all crowded. The decor was Texas style with lots of wood, low lighting and colorful artwork that brightened the atmosphere. It is a rather pleasant and lovely interior.
We ordered the Wild West shrimp appetizer. There was a generous portion and we really enjoyed it. It was served amongst sliced, cooked jalapenos.
Hubby ordered a T-Bone that he enjoyed except for the excess of pepper that was used.
We both had baked potatoes that stayed hot throughout our meals as did our entire meal. This was refreshing change from other places we have eaten.
I, also, had a grilled chicken and strawberry salad. It was fantastic. It comes dressed with a raspberry vinaigrette, small Mandarin oranges, pecans and strawberries along with field greens.
I had Longhorn Salmon that is marinated in a house bourbon sauce. This was some of the best salmon I have had in years. It was marinated and cooked properly and served over rice.
Be prepared that this is a pricey restaurant and expect to spend at least $70 per couple including tip but not including the bar.
We recommend this restaurant highly and we intend on returning in the future.

Been to LongHorn Steakhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK