“Horrible customer service”

Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Stafford
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Came back to find front desk clerk in my room, another night i was sleeping at 11:45 and a man entered my room and said the front desk clerk gave him a key, requested a phone from several different staff members, never received, stayed for over a month housekeeping came once.

Room Tip: Super super slow wifi
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 August 2016

I was here for training. It was decent. The pool was always pretty clean, the grounds were picked up by the time I came home from work. All appliances worked. My mail was even able to be delivered the front desk :) Internet was slow at night. The laundry was pretty good, the dryers are amazing(45 minutes and everything is very dry!). The walls are very sound proof (which was really nice since my neighbor has told me on many occasions he plays his guitar pretty loud at night. My only complaint is that sometimes(75%) the side door to the lobby is locked in the morning, either the lock or the door lock which just makes getting your coffee in the morning a guessing game(I am not a morning person). Gym is pretty good, the tv has all the channels. I just wish that the night staff was able to make it colder. All in all it's a decent hotel for the monthly price and location.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased you had a great stay consistently for three months. We have read your comments and we will continue to provide excellent service to our guests while taking note to fix the issues you mentioned. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Its not a five star resort but if you need place to stay its good... Pool, WiFi... I stayed for 7 months basically whole time I was in school didn't complain... If you want a resort you need go spend that kind money... Fair price in my opinion, offer discount rates for certain companies... Very compatible with traveling business worker who just needs place to sleep

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

I had to travel in past few months frequently for my sales business to Houston. Stayed in this place for 4 times as I had no other option available due one reason or another. The bathrooms always had broken or dirty toilet seats, the flush would usually not work properly. The carpets smell bad, you will always find some kind of bug here or there. Always buy the insect killer spray if you have to stay here and use it frequently before going out.They usually come from tub drain or the door.

The room service is entirely dependent on how the staff is feeling that particular day or who's on duty at the time of call. Some times there are nice and professional staff to answer your call but that's quite rare.

My advice : think twice before staying here, only if you have no other options available like me.

God Bless

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

We entered the room and turned on the lamp. It started sparking and smoking. The lamp had a compact fluorescent bulb and the bulb was broken. (See picture) Called the front office and was told maintenance wouldn't be there for a few days. Would have to wait. Trash was piled up for the two day's we were there. (See picture) The one thing I did like was the room layout. Had a kitchenette. A refrigerator, two burner stove top, a microwave and even a dishwasher but no dishes, no pots or pans and no utensils. We called the front office, they told us we would have to check out those amenities from the front office. They did offer breakfast, oatmeal bars, muffins, apples, oatmeal, coffee and tea. So much more I didn't get pictures of so won't comment on them.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stafford
1.1 km away
0.8 km away
Staybridge Suites Houston Stafford
1.1 km away
Hampton Inn Houston Stafford

Been to Extended Stay America - Houston - Stafford? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK