“Great food and wait staff”
Review of Shrimp Haus

Shrimp Haus
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Shrimp Haus Restaurant features gulf views and great food. With 101 ways to eat shrimp, plus steaks, seafood, burgers, pizzas and more, all served in a family-friendly environment, the Shrimp Haus is well-known for its diverse, reasonably priced menu. Boasting the Island's best margaritas and featuring live entertainment most evenings, the Shrimp Haus is open year-round. Located adjacent to the Schlitterbahn Beach Resort and Waterpark, the restaurant caters to a wide array of guests. Signature dishes include Coconut Fried Shrimp, Lobster Burritos and Fried Ice Cream.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We went for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at what a great place this was. The place had a nice atmosphere and the wait staff were very friendly. The food was delicious and reasonably priced.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Oh goodness. Well I will say I was so excited to eat here. We'd had an amazing experience at every other stop during our stay at Schlitterbaun. So we decided to have dinner here the last night. Every shrimp known to man - what could be wrong? ... A mouse. A couple cockroaches. Yes, ALIVE, however I didn't learn of them until halfway through my meal. My husband knew that if I knew a MOUSE and 2 cockroaches were RIGHT next to our table I would have lost my marbles, so he quietly told the waiter while I got my salad (at the unattended salad bar!). We also had two tired toddlers. The manager sent over a complimentary ice cream when I went to the ladies room, and when I returned and inquired of the "free ice cream," that's when I learned of the animal kingdom in Shrimp Haus. The waiter brought us our (full) check as we watched the mouse run around the stage. I asked that my meal be taken off, as I had (obviously) stopped eating once I found out. The manager came over with excuses, rather than validation, as I continued to point out to him the mouse running around right next to us! Yes, this really happened y'all! Not exaggerating. He very reluctantly refunded our meals (after already charging our room for everything). We did pay for my husband's margarita. So, the food was decent, not bad, but the indoor wildlife just killed any "good" that could've come from it. Our waiter was precious. It wasn't his fault. We certainly left him a tip, on the original total bill. To the manager - please work on validating your customers. That's all we wanted. My husband played it down so not to embarrass you in front of your other patrons, but ALSO not to freak out our 5 and 6 year old children (they don't understand the seriousness of rodents in a food establishment). However, you run a restaurant. If you cannot keep rodents and pests out, the inspectors will shut you down, not us.

1  Thank Wendy C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We came to S.P.I. on vacation and this place was on my list and did my disappoint. Food was hot, place was clean and the customer service was great ask for Steven, the guy is a hard worker and always checking in that your table is well served. from the Lucio Family

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We had seen that the ratings were not very high on this restaurant and almost didn't go because of that, but tried it and ended up going several times during our one-week stay on the island because we loved it so much. The service was unbelievably awesome and the food was fresh and hot and delicious. The salad bar was fresh and full and had lots of options, The seafood was very fresh and extremely tasty. The hamburgers were mouthwatering, as were the desserts. The staff was so friendly and helpful and the food came out fast.
My husband and I are restaurant connoisseurs and foodies and we loved every aspect of our experience here.
I could eat their shrimp trio all day every day.
I would definitely rate this as the very top seafood restaurant in South Padre, without a doubt.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We truly enjoyed our meals there. The food is very good. This restaurant is located very close to the beach with lovely views.