“Smelly Place”

Shrimp Haus
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Shrimp Haus Restaurant features gulf views and great food. With 101 ways to eat shrimp, plus steaks, seafood, burgers, pizzas and more, all served in a family-friendly environment, the Shrimp Haus is well-known for its diverse, reasonably priced menu. Boasting the Island's best margaritas and featuring live entertainment most evenings, the Shrimp Haus is open year-round. Located adjacent to the Schlitterbahn Beach Resort and Waterpark, the restaurant caters to a wide array of guests. Signature dishes include Coconut Fried Shrimp, Lobster Burritos and Fried Ice Cream.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

The restaurant has a moldy-musty smell. The food is poor. The salad bar is down right nasty. Don't go to this restaurant.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

After a day at the water park, decided to give this place a try. Our waiter, Stephen, was kind and friendly. The food turned out to be fantastic. Their fried shrimp was some of the best I've ever had.

1  Thank mun0zesq

mun0zesq,
Thanks for stopping by and it is always rewarding to hear not only about the exceptional food but when a reviewer takes the time to remember and point out a staff member's name. It is much appreciated.

The Shrimp Haus is open year round and we hope to see you offer for some of our many offerings of shrimp!

Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Average menu and average prices. The food was not exceptional, but is a good place to stop if you're waiting on your room.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Food and service was great! We were not originally scheduled to go there for lunch, but the power was out at Black Beards so we had to find another restraunt quick. We had approximately 30 people. They were professional. We needed some clarity on the bill, the manager sat down with us himself and helped us. Thanks a million.

Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thanks for visiting and allowing us to step up to the plate when there was some power issues at Blackbeard's. We are glad we were able to assist and provide you with a great lunch and hope to see you all back next time for a planned lunch.

We offer several private banquet rooms and a great array of catered options (we are a preferred caterer for the City of South Padre Island's Convention Centre), so we may be able to help in more ways than you even thought!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We were staying at the Schlitterbahn resort, so we thought we try this restaurant one night. We arrived around 8 for a late dinner. I like shrimp so I was excited to see what the restaurant had to offer.

We were seated with a ocean view. Our first waitress seated and got us our drinks but she seemed to disappear, I believe she was just busy with a few larger tables. We ended get another waiter who took good care of us, even offered us a free dessert which we did not end up using. Nonetheless, I still appreciate the offer.

My 10 year old daughter is a picky eater, so I'm glad they had pizza and such as I was unsure they would be able to accommodate her tastes. I had convinced her to try the shrimp, so we ordered a kids pizza and shrimp plate. She ended up liking the shrimp. We loved seeing her enjoying some new foods.

As for me, the menu had a variety of shrimp offerings. The Peanut Butter Shrimp caught my eye, it was look two of my favorite things, could they co-exist? I asked if
they had a sampler plate with maybe a variety of shrimp, they have a trio plate, but there is such a variety of flavorings. I would not have minded more, I eat keto style so I'm pretty much going to ignore the rice.

Nonetheless, I got the peanut butter shrimp, it kind of was like an asian peanut sauce, but I also could taste the peanut butter. It was very good, I enjoyed this unique combination very much.

So, in summary, this is shrimp restaurant, come prepared to indulge in shrimp, and you will enjoy yourself.

princepanchal,
Thanks for spending some time with us and sharing your experience....many are tempted by our selection of steaks, salads, burgers, pizzas and sandwiches but of course we are the Shrimp Haus so several dozen varities of shrimp are available including our award-winning coconut shrimp and my personal fave, chicken-fried shrimp where Texas and the coast collide head on!

Thanks again and glad that we were able to be a part of your daughter's expanding culinary tastes!