“Family Reuion lunch”

Shrimp Haus
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Shrimp Haus Restaurant features gulf views and great food. With 101 ways to eat shrimp, plus steaks, seafood, burgers, pizzas and more, all served in a family-friendly environment, the Shrimp Haus is well-known for its diverse, reasonably priced menu. Boasting the Island's best margaritas and featuring live entertainment most evenings, the Shrimp Haus is open year-round. Located adjacent to the Schlitterbahn Beach Resort and Waterpark, the restaurant caters to a wide array of guests. Signature dishes include Coconut Fried Shrimp, Lobster Burritos and Fried Ice Cream.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Food and service was great! We were not originally scheduled to go there for lunch, but the power was out at Black Beards so we had to find another restraunt quick. We had approximately 30 people. They were professional. We needed some clarity on the bill, the manager sat down with us himself and helped us. Thanks a million.

Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

Thanks for visiting and allowing us to step up to the plate when there was some power issues at Blackbeard's. We are glad we were able to assist and provide you with a great lunch and hope to see you all back next time for a planned lunch.

We offer several private banquet rooms and a great array of catered options (we are a preferred caterer for the City of South Padre Island's Convention Centre), so we may be able to help in more ways than you even thought!

Thanks again,
Mike

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We were staying at the Schlitterbahn resort, so we thought we try this restaurant one night. We arrived around 8 for a late dinner. I like shrimp so I was excited to see what the restaurant had to offer.

We were seated with a ocean view. Our first waitress seated and got us our drinks but she seemed to disappear, I believe she was just busy with a few larger tables. We ended get another waiter who took good care of us, even offered us a free dessert which we did not end up using. Nonetheless, I still appreciate the offer.

My 10 year old daughter is a picky eater, so I'm glad they had pizza and such as I was unsure they would be able to accommodate her tastes. I had convinced her to try the shrimp, so we ordered a kids pizza and shrimp plate. She ended up liking the shrimp. We loved seeing her enjoying some new foods.

As for me, the menu had a variety of shrimp offerings. The Peanut Butter Shrimp caught my eye, it was look two of my favorite things, could they co-exist? I asked if
they had a sampler plate with maybe a variety of shrimp, they have a trio plate, but there is such a variety of flavorings. I would not have minded more, I eat keto style so I'm pretty much going to ignore the rice.

Nonetheless, I got the peanut butter shrimp, it kind of was like an asian peanut sauce, but I also could taste the peanut butter. It was very good, I enjoyed this unique combination very much.

So, in summary, this is shrimp restaurant, come prepared to indulge in shrimp, and you will enjoy yourself.

Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2017

princepanchal,
Thanks for spending some time with us and sharing your experience....many are tempted by our selection of steaks, salads, burgers, pizzas and sandwiches but of course we are the Shrimp Haus so several dozen varities of shrimp are available including our award-winning coconut shrimp and my personal fave, chicken-fried shrimp where Texas and the coast collide head on!

Thanks again and glad that we were able to be a part of your daughter's expanding culinary tastes!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Our family of four had dinnner here on a weeknight. Our first experience at this location. We found a $9.99 coupon in the local flyer for fajitas and thought we would try it. The beef fajitas were a large portion and we also had fried shrimp and coconut shrimp. All menu items we had were excellent.
We found the atmosphere inviting and view of the ocean from the second floor location to be great for dinner.
A stage was located for live music and large TV's in the bar for sports events.
All of us enjoyed our meals and the service was great. Management was walking the floor and checking in on each table. We will be back for sure our next vacation!

Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Bart S,
Thank you for sharing your evening with others. Glad to see your family had a wide array of offerings and were able to enjoy our beautiful gulf view with some great food!

Pointing our staff and their efforts is always appreciated as they work very hard to ensure that they are treating guests the way they would want to be treated.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We recently visited Schlitterbahn Waterpark for the day and enjoyed the Shrimp Haus for dinner. We ordered the crab cakes, and they prepared them just the way I like them-nice and crispy on the outside. We split the Triple Shrimp, and I liked all three- fried, coconut, and pecan crusted. It was served with roasted red potatoes and steamed vegetables. Very good! We sat out on the patio so we could watch kids riding the Boogie Bahn, and have an unobstructed view of the beach. Can't beat it!

Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

TexasLibraryLady,
We appreciate your thorough review and sharing with other readers the varied items we carry at our year-round Shrimp Haus with great food and a gulf view!

Plus during the outdoor waterpark season, you have a great view of those attempting to master the wave at the Boogie Bahn.

We hope to see you back dining with us again soon,

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

This place has the best butterfly shrimp, soft breading, good fries and all you can eat salad bar whuch was just ok.

Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Stacy B,
Thanks for stopping by and glad you enjoyed our award winning shrimp. We hope to see you back again and please share with us upon your visit what you would enjoy seeing on our salad bar since it is one of the largest on the Island. We're always open to new ideas!

Thanks again,