“great food”

Shrimp Haus
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Shrimp Haus Restaurant on South Padre Island offers guests a beach-side casual dining experience. Dine outside in the Gulf breeze* or in our air-conditioned dining room. Signature shrimp dishes and pastas to fun & kid-friendly food fill the menu at Shrimp Haus Restaurant. Treat yourself to a margarita at the full bar. Enjoy mouth-watering appetizers, fresh seafood, steaks, burgers, salads, brick-oven pizzas, and delectable desserts
Reviewed 17 February 2016

We came with a large group for a birthday party. Food was delicious, entertainment wonderful, and waitstaff over and above. Even though we were not with the resort they made us feel first class.

Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2016

annagG5132QF,
Thank you for choosing the Shrimp Haus to celebrate the birthday good times!

Glad to hear the staff took good care of you and that you enjoyed the entertainment and food. The Shrimp Haus is open year-round to the public and we offer daily lunch and dinner features in addition to our large array of items.

We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

I had the coconut shrimp and chips n guacamole. I ordered the chips because usually you don't get much food with coconut shrimp. There were 8 huge coconut shrimp with red potatoes and fresh grilled veggies. I also got to go to the salad bar all you can eat which was all very fresh as well. I have to admit the coconut shrimp was the best I've ever eaten and I've eaten it many places!! My partner had the prime rib sandwich and he really loved it. I would give this place a 5 rating but the inside of this place was very dated and not very well maintained but the food was good and so was the service.

Mike B, Manager at Shrimp Haus, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Redbeartwo,
Thanks soooo much for coming and glad to hear you enjoyed everything. Our coconut shrimp has won awards and the Prime Rib sandwich is a great example of some of the "non-shrimp" items we serve.

We are working on some remodeling as we speak so we appreciate your feedback and make sure to stop by on your next visit!

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

We had dinner here on Monday for the all you can eat shrimp. Rick was our waiter and he was both friendly and efficient! The shrimp were delicious and he was quick to bring all of us as much as we wanted. We had the added pleasure of hearing a few musicians perform who were holding shows later in the week. We will definitely go back again. It was a fun evening!!

1  Thank BryceSA

BryceSA,
Thanks for the nice words and yes, we often have live entertainment in addition to a large variety of menu items and of course great gulf and beach views.

We're open for lunch as well as dinner and hopefully you can try out one of our specials next time.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Went here for lunch after a boat tour, ordered the Fish Taco Special which was really good. Nice presentation, very tasty, plenty of food for the money. My friend had the Fried Fish and Chips, good portion but just so so on flavor. The place was pretty empty at the lunch hour during the week but won't be so when Spring Break arrives. Go there and order the Fish Taco Special, you won't be disappointed. I don't eat shrimp but I saw some folks eating them up and said they were good, but I cannot verify that.

1  Thank RealCustomerTalk

RealCustomerTalk,
Thanks for coming down from the Upper Valley and spending some time at the Shrimp Haus.

The fish tacos are one of my faves (and I obviously eat here a lot) and hopefully your friends who like shrimp will notice the fresh quality shrimp we serve.....we purchase directly from local shrimpers so you're going to get the "real thing".

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

We had all you can eat shrimp which was hand breaded fresh gulf shrimp. Fantastic! Our server, Rick Leal was so attentive. He refilled our shrimp more than once, was so friendly & polite. The food was great, and the service outstanding! Also, the Happy Hour Margarita was larger than I expected for the price. Can't wait to go again!

2  Thank Joan R

Joan R,
We very much appreciate your kind words and taking the time to visit!
It is always nice to see folks take the time out of their schedules to not only post about their meal but to point out individuals by name for their efforts.
We constantly offer new specials (for both lunch and dinner) in addition to our wide array of other items and look forward to your next stop!

Thanks,