Peninsula Island Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
  • Pool
Sapphire Condominiums(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Blue Bay Inn & Suites(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Suites at Sunchase(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Padre South Hotel(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
Gulfview II(South Padre Island)
View Hotel
All reviewspresidential suitelas olashot tub was not workingyour luggageonsite restaurantoff seasonmemorial day weekendbeautiful poollounge chairseasy beach accessislandspiboardwalksilverwaregulfrental
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

South padre island is great! This place is not. Worst customer service ever. Its 10 years too Old. It has a cold pool and cold hot tubs. Beds are hard, short(don't recommend for any Executive over 6ft tall), full size, not queen as advertised. Watered down, expensive drinks ($12 each) made with cheap ($8) value sized plastic bottle, vodka. Dont forget to tip. Millenial Maria at the front desk is rude and has no business working here. You have to walk about a football stadium distance to check in and out because golf cart guy never around. Have fun Dad and Gpa. 1 elevator working and the other is hot and slow as molasses. Place is outdated and beach behind property covered in litter. Last and most importantly, this place is a disaster waiting to happen. Place is a FIRETRAP !!! 4 hours into our lousy stay and cold pool experience, we decided to order Dpizza joint (best on island). Me and Mom left our 5 and 6 year old eating pizza while we stepped onto balcony to see ocean and catch a breath.The nightmare begins. Mom tries to go give kids another juicy and the balcony door is closed and locks us out into balcony 6 stories up. Just came from beach, so we are wet, sandy and no phone stranded on the balcony way back by parking lot ( best unit avail. According to the rude ignoramous that was there before Maria). First 5 to 10 minutes we tried to stay calm, cool and collective to not frighten the kids as they could see us struggling with hurricane glass /balcony sliding door (new units according to them 2016). We tried to call people nicely in English and spanish walking by for help but no one would listen. Next 10 minutes kids begin to panick, start crying, yelling, screaming while trapped in the room seeing Mom and Dad stuck on balcony. Mom is now crying, no one is around to help. Im now livid and watching my Kids in survival mode covering each other's mouths because they are both screaming so loud for help. Now we're going on over 30 minutes and now me and Mom are yelling for HELP and to call police!! Were trapped!! Our 5 and 6 year old are trapped inside!! Call someone!!! There is no staff, maintenance, golf cart guy, security around at 8pm at night. Finally staff Beto,shows up and starts banging and breaking down the door becuase the safety latch is on through inside further traumatizing my kids. He enters after breaking door frame enough to reach in. He then had to pull out a screw driver and after brief struggle, finally opens balcony door. We grab and console kids, now trembling , scared, hyperventilating and wanting to go home. Beto was only individual to ask if we were okay or if we needed an ambulance. We thank you. 10 minutes later I go down to talk to front desk and Maria tells me after everything we been through with a straight, serious face, "your drunk and im gonna call the cops." I told her she should of called the cops or fireman 30 minutes ago. We have been yelling for help. I told her to get off her Facebook and to do her job. She then calls the guy in charge of this racket and tells him in Spanish ( she thought i was anglo) that a drunk person was yelling at all the people in the pool and now he wants to checkout. I say loud and clear in Spanish exactly what happened and told them I'm going to call the fire inspector, local news and Tripadvisor to prevent this from happening to anyone else again and i want my money back. They didnt say sorry or ask if were okay. Instead, Maria looked annoyed. They refuse to give REFUND and just offered a room on same floor closer to beach( earlier they lied to me and said i had best one available). In short, if you care about your kids, grandkids, seniors, family, friends, Snow birds, pets etc you'll advise them to stay far away. What if one of mine or your kids had asthma, medical condition , or a baby napping on bed??? I have been visiting SPI for over 30 years and never had a balcony door lock me out. Wasnt human error. To add insult to injury. I had to go back downstairs a 2nd time to get maintenance man to come back up to open balcony door again because my shoes and other belongings were there. Of course I checked my family out ASAP and got refunded 2nd night only. Paid for 2 nights at $140 a night 2 weeks ago. Only stayed here because our original vacation got cancelled at the Hilton Garden(best place) due to Hurricane Harvy 2 weeks prior. Wish I would have paid attention to all the negative reviews. Only reason I didn't was because I considered buying a timeshare/club membership 10 years ago when they opened and it looked alright. Thank God I Didn't buy anything with these people. This Place gets an F and now I'll will be scheduling an appointment with a Licensed Professional Counselor who can help treat my kid's symptoms of PTSD and Separation Anxiety Disorder....

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank roberto d
WesleyAbbott, Manager at Peninsula Island Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thankyou for your review.

We do apologized for this situation. Hope you give us another opportunity to see that this experience you had is not a daily issue. We will gladly ready to help.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Worst sleep experience in years. The mattresses were covered in plastic. The beds were hard as a rock. The light in bathroom took forever to brighten. The elevator was slow and hot. The upside was the pool, jacuzzi, swim up bar area with an awesome bartender/waiter, and proximity to the water. We probably will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review, I do apologize that your stay was not satisfied.

Hope you give as another chance to come back and enjoy our resort.

Have a great day. :)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

The pool is beautiful and the location is good. The disappointment is it needs remodeling. It doesn't have the nice touchs like other timeshare places. No hair dryer in the second bedroom, windows need more privacy. More things as well. Does not compare to Diamond Resorts.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a good view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank You for your review, we are working to improve our resort every day.

Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

The room was beautiful !!! The staff friendly !
Restaurant the prices are good !
The presidential room is very big , the view it's incredible
Only the parking it's too far
I recommend this hotel for family business and couple

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thankyou for your review.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Same day booking limited available rooms but staff was able to secure a water view from balcony for us.

First hotel contact on arrival spoke no English. Only elevator on that side of hotel was extremely slow, no A/C in it & shaky with a suspicious small round size hole in the exterior door so since on 2nd floor took stairs each time.

No washcloths or hand towels in room, bathroom doorknob was loose & light very dim in what was probably called a handicapped bath room.

Plenty of pillows, safe, comfortable bed & easy boardwalk trip to beach. Pool pretty in morning before opened for the day.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen S

Thankyou for your comments.

Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay.

Hope you give us an opportunity and visit us again.