“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of Louie’s Backyard

Louie’s Backyard
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Louie's Backyard in South Padre Island, there is no such thing as a boring night. Whether you want to sit and chat with your friends, cheer on your favorite team or cut a rug till the wee hours, we've got you covered!
Reviewed 7 May 2017

We had a great anniversary dinner at Louie's Backyard. I had the seafood buffet with prime rib; everything was fresh and delicious. My wife had a steak cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was upbeat yet comfortable for a couple's night out. Steve C. took great care of us and topped the night off with a XL slice of a 6-layer chocolate cake. Thank you!

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

We love hearing great night recaps! I'm so glad the steaks came out perfectly and that Steve took great care of you both. I will definitely pass on the praise. Please come join us again soon.

Until next time,

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We went around 9:30 at night, we were told it was a great place to relax and either listen to some live music, watch a game or do the night club downstairs. We choose to watch a poker tournament that was on, it was a slow night since it was a Monday night, the food was great, the atmosphere was relaxed. You could tell the wait staff were tired but they were still nice and accommodating. Next time we visit we will be back there again.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thanks for hanging out with us! It's great you were able to relax and enjoy some live music and food with us. Hope to see you back here soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner and sunset view but ended up dancing! Music was so fun. Thursday night rib special was just what my hubby wanted. I had filet and shrimp and it was good. I asked for zucchini ribbons but got sliced squash. It was ok but a bit disappointing.

The sunset was amazing! Recommend all tourists try it.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thanks so much for the love, Pam! Sounds like you timed it right coming during a beautiful South Padre sunset (bonus that you got in some awesome dancing). I'm so glad the steak and shrimp were a hit, but do want to apologize for the zucchini ribbons mix-up. Hope you two will come join us again on your next visit!

Until then,

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Was busy again like last year. The food was still good, although the service could be improved. There were lots of waiters and bus people standing around while we waited 15 minutes to order. And we ordered the buffet. The 1st guy didn't know prices and said to ask our waiter who showed up well after we had been sitting there. Other than that the dinner was fine, and the kids still liked feeding the fish the scraps.

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Glad you could join us again this year for a bite to eat! I appreciate you honest feedback regarding service and want you to know we're always looking for ways to be better for our guests. That said, I hope we get to welcome you back again next year when you make it to South Padre Island!

Best,

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

service was great!! my waiter Steve was so great and always there to get me some thing. The food and dessart was so yummy and Steve was so helpful

Dan S, Owner at Louie’s Backyard, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

I'm thrilled Steve could take such excellent care of you, Maddy -- I'll be sure to share this review with him. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and I hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

All the best,