“Anniversary Dinner”

Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Sea Ranch Restaurant has been serving South Padre Island visitors for over 35 years, and has established itself as the island’s premier dining destination. If you haven’t spent an evening at the Sea Ranch Restaurant, you haven’t truly experienced South Padre.Our menu is comprised of local seafood that is caught directly from the Gulf of Mexico, and it changes often based on what is in season. Every item is made with high-quality ingredients, from unbeatably fresh seafood to juicy steaks and hearty pastas. Start your meal off with our Ahi Tuna or Escargot appetizers, or try something a little spicier like our Stuffed Jalapeños. For your main course, pick from one of our countless seafood items including fresh fish, crab legs, shrimp, oysters, lobster and scallops. Our house specialty is the Red Snapper, which has become a customer favorite as well. If you aren’t in the mood for seafood, try one of our delicious grilled steak, chicken or pork dishes. We also have decadent pastas, from chicken or seafood Alfredo to Scott’s Shrimp Scampi served over angel hair pasta. No matter what you are in the mood for, we have a tasty, fresh option for you at Sea Ranch Restaurant.Seafood goes perfectly with wine, so we boast an extensive selection of wines. With over 122 choices ranging from $20 all the way to $500, we have the perfect choice to compliment your meal. If you have an event coming up, consider hosting it at the Sea Ranch. We can accommodate up to 77 people for anything from weddings and receptions to birthdays and meetings.
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

We celebrated our 46th anniversary with dinner at the Sea Ranch. We were seated quickly despite not having a reservation. I had the scallops which were excellent. My husband had the filet which he said was one of the best he'd had. They gave us dessert for our anniversary which was a nice treat. It was a very pleasant evening.

1  Thank Diane L
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

I'm so delighted to know what a fantastic dining experience you had with us, Diane, and it's an honor that you celebrated such a special anniversary with us! Thanks so much for all your very kind words -- I hope we get to see you both again some time soon!

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We have had supper here several times and have never been disappointed! The raw oysters and the Rockefeller are a great starter! Clam chowder is excellent, salads perfect, all accompanied with fresh bread.
Seafood entrees we have had were excellent. Red snapper worth it! Sides are great as well. Try the scalloped potatoes! We have never been disappointed in service, informative and timely. Thank you Emmanuel!!

Date of visit: February 2017
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

This just made my day, Charlie! Knowing that all of your food was so wonderful is nice to know, and I'm especially honored that you've come by on so many occasions. Thanks for all your kind words -- I hope to see you again some time soon!

All the very best,

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

We wenT there last and had an incredible dinner. Started with oysters on the half shell, delicious and steamed mussels which were tender and in a very tasty sauce. For diner we both had the scallops, mine blackened and hers were pan broiled both were very goos and prepared to perfection. Cant wait to go back!

Date of visit: February 2017
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

I'm so thrilled to see that everybody had such a wonderful meal, John! It's an honor to know that we've earned your return visits, and I can't wait to see you here again!

Thanks for everything,

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We enjoyed dinner with some out of town friends. The place was busy but not crowded and the service was exceptional. It is an upscale experience from what we have enjoyed on the island. Good food, good service, most dinners in the $20-$30 range.

Date of visit: February 2017
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

I'm thrilled to know that everyone had a great time, and I'm especially pleased to see that your service was so great! Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone -- I truly appreciate it and hope to have you back again some time soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Returned this year even though experience last year was considered average at best. Glad we did as all 4 of us were pleased with our selections. I had the fried oysters and they were great. Last year I considered them soggy and unseasoned. Not the case those time and I would gladly order them again. My wife had grouper and she was pleased with the preparation and serving size. The others had shrimp tat was excellent. Scalloped potatoes and sweet potato fries were good. Nice wine selection and reasonable priced.

Date of visit: February 2017
Bob F, Owner at Sea Ranch Restaurant-Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

I'm beyond thrilled to see that you return visit was such a fantastic experience, William. To know that your fried oysters were so delicious means the world, and I'm glad that everyone else felt the same way about their meals. Thanks so much for coming by again, and thanks for sharing your kind words with everyone. I look forward to seeing you again some time!