“Nice place to stop”

Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: "The gastropub movement is well-represented on South Padre Island at Padre Island Brewing Company. Rotating draft selections include several styles of handcrafted suds; Texas Long Board Lager, Tailing Red Amber, and Speckled Trout Stout are among my favorites, when available. If you can’t make up your mind, get the “Sampler Tray,” a tasting of all five beers currently on tap. The menu is extensive—“peel and eat” shrimp, spicy wings, and fried calamari are popular appetizers, as are the chips-and-guacamole combo, ceviche, and nachos. The bar has won an award for its pizza, but I recommend the burgers. If you’re really hungry, order the Texas Burger, a double-patty, one-pound monster topped with jalapenos, mushrooms, and cheese. From the seafood menu, beer-battered shrimp is an obvious choice, and the tuna and flounder are also excellent." From Texas Highways Magazine, June 2015
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We went for early birds - 2 - 6 pm. Their own beers on tap by the pint were $3.50 and we each had a favorite - the stout was the least favorite probably because it's more of a winter drink. Early bird specials included personal pizza for under $5 and pick 3 appetizers for $8.99 which included crab patties, crab stuffed mushrooms, calamari, wings. Plenty for me and raw oysters were only $0.75 each - best deal on the island. Service was good, cute place. Someone else had posted about not accepting kids after 6 pm - I saw no sign of that and would be very comfortable with taking our kids there. They do have a kids menu so they must like having them.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

The servers were friendly and explained whenever I had questions about something. Unfortunately I wasn't super hungry when I got there so I just got a cheese pizza, was very filling for a personal pizza. My husband got the steak and beer battered shrimp plate that included mashed potatoes and veggies. I stole a bite or two off his plate and the steak and potatoes were very good! The prices were a bit high but understood we were also on the island too. Also, we tried the Padre beer sampler of course! I really liked the raspberry wheat and Speckled Stout Trout! My husband preferred the Pal Ale and the Tidal Wave Wheat. Overall great place to stop by for some food, even watch some TV and drink some brews!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Never had a bad meal, after 5 or 10 visits. It's also a brew pub, and the Blonde is usually quite good.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My son n law loves craft beer. This was a real treat for him. Such a selection. My daughter and my husband loved it. They have a very inexpensive happy hour so I had whiskey. The food was great. We had two children 4 and under and the accommodations were perfect for them also. Not just for couples. Family also. Well decorated staff very nice and attentive. Priced right. Nachos were terrific

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We tried the pizza and the fried seafood baskets and all were good. Decent atmosphere. We were preoccupied by the Pokegym and Pokestop and Pokemon.