“Romantically expensive ”

Liam's Steak House & Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Best steak house in the south padre island and port isabel area, owned by the Salazar family ,owners of the Dirty Al's Restaurants.
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Ate here as our last date night of vacation and dressed up for the occasion. It's a sparsely lit place but well appointed.

The menu consists of primarily seafood, most of which we don't eat according to biblical values. Thankfully they also had kosher meats such as lamb chops, steak and chicken. My husband had the lamb, and I had the chicken. Both were quite good and tender. They came with grilled asparagus (too lemony for our liking) and a loaded baked potato.

They also have an extensive dessert menu and bring a tray of samples to your table. We got the creme brulee which was fired at our table to get the crusty top. Quite delicious.

All in all, we would return here if vacationing again on the island but only for a special occasion because it was the most expensive meal we had all week.

Joriu1965, director of operations at Liam's Steak House & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

we want to thank you for sharing your experience , we hope that you visit us on your next vacations we thank you for your business and your positive comments.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Liam's is the best kep secret on the island. What a wonderful meal, atmosphere, attention to needs. We've been here before and had excellent service for a special occasion. This time no one asked if we were celebrating anything special, they just wanted to serve and that be it ... which was ok ...... like I said .... ok!!! We will always go back, but hopefully with much more attention to service especially for the price you pay.

Joriu1965, director of operations at Liam's Steak House & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

we want to take the time to thank you , for your visit and for sharing your experience , we know that sometime we take for granted our customers and in this case our clients since you've bee n here before several times our apologies for not acknowledging any special occasion on your part we hope w e do better next time , thank you for sharing your experience and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

My wife and I joined my wife's sister and her husband for dinner here. It was their recommendation and we were happy they did. Steak really sounded good to me as I had been eating seafood for a couple of days, but when I looked at the menu, the Red Snapper Rockefeller jumped out at me. It was delicious and although it was still seafood, it wasn't fried or boiled. My wife had the filet and loved it. The in-laws decided to split a prime rib and it was gristly and hard to cut. The restaurant quickly took it away and gave them another option, which they decided upon the filet as well and were very satisfied. I will be back. I saw some other menu items I would like to try.

Joriu1965, director of operations at Liam's Steak House & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

we want to thank you for sharing your experience and your business ,we hope to see you again and we are sure you'll love our new location coming up at former la hacienda restaurant building by the bay , we'll be waiting for you.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The drinks and food are very good at this place. Oysters and seafood fresh. Steaks and even the burgers are delicious. Try the cucumber martinis!

thanks Sara for sharing your experience , we are happy that you had a good experience at our restaurant and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This is your typical steak house. The steak was fair. The lobster tail had too much seasoning. It’s way too dark inside.

Joriu1965, director of operations at Liam's Steak House & Oyster Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

thanks shaan for taking the time to share your experience, accept our apologies for not meeting your high standards of good food and service we are doing our utmost to improve every day and is your sincere critique what allow us to do so we hope you give us another chance in the near future.