Wanna Wanna Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 257
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 263
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 214
US$ 183
ComfortSuites
Super 8 by Wyndham South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 152
Schlitterbahn Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 266
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 337
US$ 298
US$ 164
US$ 159
Best Western Beachside Inn(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 199
US$ 191
Priceline
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 373
  • Pool
All reviewsbar and grillbeach drinkssmall hotelcomfortable bedbandsturbopinaspisurfcabanapettexas
Reviewed 22 March 2011

over priced!
the showers didn't work properly not enough water came out of the shower head!
the water was soooo cold!
we got charged an extra $50 cause our WHITE towels had "black and red stuff" that wasnt going to come off when they washed it!
$9 for the big towels and $5 for the smaller ones!
the hotel is on the beach how were we not suppose to get sand on them???
the bar and grill closed at 10pm on saturday!
the rooms are like a cheap motel!
i wouldnt not recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank drenee0117
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We stayed for two nights off season recently. The best thing about the place is the location, right on the beach. We ended up with a downstairs room in the back right by the office. There was not a view but I think some of the upstairs rooms near the front may have a view of the water. The room needs some updating and a more comfortable bed but the rate was pretty cheap so its hard to complain. The room came with a refrigerator which did not work. We reported it to the office and they said that maintenance would be by. They never did stop by but on the morning that we were checking out there was a refrigerator outside of our door. This really didn't help us much. We complained to the front office and they reduced the room rate by $20 a night which I thought was a reasonable. So, for the price and location it was a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Momasaurus
Reviewed 2 September 2010

My boyfriend and I had been to Padre in 2009, we stayed at another hotel, but spent all out time at Wanna Wanna, great food, and right on the beach, so when we returned in 2010, we stayed there, the rooms need to be updated, the bathroom has no room to put your toiletries, coffee maker was broken, we would have to go to the bar for ice, and got scolded that we wanted too much, but the patio, and bar are great for entertainment. We will be back in 2011, but won't get a room there unless they have updated, but will spend much time at the neatest restaurant and bar on the island which is Wanna Wanna...
Guy & Diane Lubbock-Plainview Tx.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Disgusting!!! We're from San Antonio, so we have seen our share of roaches...the big nasty ones, sometimes referred to as water roaches. These were everywhere in the room. They were coming out of the cupboards, where the dishes were, out of the bathroom, in the closet, from under the front door, which had a 1/2 inch gap.
We checked out after the second day. The only good thing was, we paid for a week, but they refunded the other three days.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I care about 3 things in a hotel room: view (when available, obviously), bed comfort, cleanliness. I also care about value and love to travel in the off- and shoulder seasons. I returned to the Wanna Wanna Inn for a few days between having dental work done in Mexico (professionally and way cheaper than U.S.) and a deadline that required net connection and writing space. Voila, I was back at the Wanna Wanna, and scored the best room in the house, #110: a roomy double with mini-fridge and microwave and a sliding glass door that opens to a view of the ocean just yards away. I arrived on the weekend and parking was bad (take note of this during the summer) so unloading was not especially convenient. There's no elevator to the second floor so if someone in your party has trouble with stairs, stick with a ground floor room; the second floor rooms in general have good views. This is also pretty typical of beach hotels with tile floors and servicable bathrooms that have to deal with sand too. The internet connection was also low but never cause me any trouble or lag in the three days I was there. Once the week rolled around, the parking was perfect. The moon was full and rose gorgeously from the room's view and down on the beach, where the Wanna Wanna Grill offers a limited but yummy menu of fried foods like shrimp, fish, and corn dogs with the usual beer and beach drinks - good portions and no complaints! The bed was decently comfortable though I habitually removed the bedspread immediately and brought my own pillow. One bed has a spectacular view of the ocean and at night is dreamy. Didn't even need the AC this time of year and I found the ocean air clean and cool. I also appreciated the room-length mural of a freshwater refuge instead of the usual crappy shells and beach scenes. The TV reception wasn't so hot but my gaze keep traveling back to the water so I turned it off. This is a popular beach and popular area. Weekends and high seasons are likely to be crowded and noisy - comes with the territory. But on those off-times, shoulder season and midweek, especially during the winter when tourism is down and swimming is not recommended, this is a wonderful unpretentious little hotel is the perfect hideaway, getaway, or weekend refresher.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business